General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jren207
(newbie) Fri 30-Aug-13 13:58:21
Print Post

Best Time To Sync Openreach Modem

[link to this post]

I want to do a tidy up of the area where the Openreach modem is, requiring it to be turned off, and I'm just wondering when the best time to sync the modem is?

I think with DSL, there is something to do with noise/interference, so there's a special time to sync. Correct me if I'm wrong?

(My modem has hardly ever re-synced itself, or been done manually by myself, so there won't be any DLM issues).
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 30-Aug-13 14:27:39
Print Post

Re: Best Time To Sync Openreach Modem

[re: jren207] [link to this post]

Power off first. The modem has enough power to tell the DSLAM it has lost power so it not be logged as a lost sync through noise or attenuation. Then remove the line cable.

On powering up, reboot the modem and allow to stabilise for a few minutes before connecting the line.

As for the time, I have never experimented but would expect there to be something similar to ADSL where rebooting a couple of hours after dawn gained the best sync but if I use an unlocked modem I can see the figures for sync and achievable changing continually. So, it appears not to matter - but no harm in trying an 8:00 or 9:00 reboot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User jren207
(newbie) Sat 31-Aug-13 15:49:45
Print Post

Re: Best Time To Sync Openreach Modem

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks for your advice, I'll give that a try.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to