General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Nov-13 11:48:27
Print Post

Re: BT Cabinet Installing

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

If they are saying it is going to be enabled 'by November 30th' there is no way they are going to wait until May.

The exchange is ready to go according to my Openreach source.

-

BT Broadband21CN
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Nov-13 12:07:12
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Ignore him. Posting junk on here appears to be one of the hobbies that clearly make his life so rich, full and complete.

It's fun up to a point to answer, if for nothing else to ensure the junk gets challenged as someone who isn't aware may believe it, then gets old really quickly.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Nov-13 13:47:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
The cabinet could be live by Nov 30th and it might stay live until end of May 2014 when your bt checker might change to accepting order.
There is no way to parse that sensibly.

Paraphrasing what you wrote, the cabinet might be live by the given date, and it might then stay live until the projected end date of the commercial roll-out, at which point presumably it self-destructs. Meanwhile, the date the cabinet turns live on the checker is entirely random.

I know BT are there to fool you and frustrated you.
Openreach are there to provide a service. Sometimes their best effort dates turn out to be unrealistic due to previously unknown problems, and they have to revise their dates. It sounds like wolvesmad's cabinet has slipped slightly. Openreach often put the public target date back a month on a small slippage, but this extra month is often worst case and the cabinet may well be enabled earlier than 30 November.

I don't think your cabinet isn't live until May 2014.
Removing the double negative, this says "I think your cabinet is live until May 2014". We'd better watch out for bombs or other destructive devices attached to the cabinet at the end of May, then, when Openreach are ready to blow up their expensive asset.

Much of the time you post inaccurate rubbish, which takes other people's time posting corrections. This time, you seem to have gone for posting surrealist rubbish.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Nov-13 13:59:34
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

BTO installed cabinet there four weeks ago. Last week it was estimated to go live 30th Nov 2013 and now it changed to available now even thought one of my mate live there, he try to order it as it say it not available until late 2014 say his ISP as they say BT Wholesale checker is misleading.

http://s5.postimg.org/lzzdvz5ev/Untitled.jpg

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 06-Nov-13 14:00:26)

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Nov-13 14:33:11
Print Post

If the BT Wholesale checker says the cabinet is enabled, it is almost certainly accepting orders from any ISP using BT Wholesale.

There may be a delay for those ISPs who use non-BT Wholesale backhaul because the backhaul network or the necessary GEA Cablelink is not yet in place. The ISPs potentially affected by this are Sky, TalkTalk and, in some cases, Zen (though Zen use BT Wholesale in locations where they lack presence).

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-13 14:35:12
Print Post

That cabinet is live so must down to their ISP. If its Sky, TAlkTalk or Zen , they may use their own network so may have different availability dates to BTwholesale
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Nov-13 14:49:57
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

His isp is Sky. As Sky told him FTTC not available until late 2014.

I think BT Wholesale should have including a full list of the isp's who willing to accepting orders on this checker.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 06-Nov-13 14:53:11)

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Nov-13 14:56:47
Print Post

Just tried TF7 5RL in the BT Retail checker Adslmax and it will allow me to place an order for infinity.

-

BT Broadband21CN
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-13 15:03:46
Print Post

Bit tricky as their are so many, some have a number of resellers that are not direct BT wholesale customers, and some May use a mix of BT wholesale and their own/ another providers network according to their own commercial practices.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Nov-13 15:07:00
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Wolvesmad your bt checker could be changed to available now anytime now, U have to keep checking every days. I be surprise it available now.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Pages in this thread: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to