General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Sep-13 14:52:44
Print Post

DLM now more responsive?

[link to this post]

I wonder whether something has changed. Previously I found that my sync speed/interleaving stayed the same for weeks or months on end before finally deciding to flip. In the last couple of weeks I have flip-flopped between interleaved and fast path 4 times, if you look at my current BQM you will see it happened again just after 4am today. I was wondering whether anyone else has seen this or whether it is something specific to my line.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Al1264
(regular) Mon 23-Sep-13 12:50:02
Print Post

Re: DLM now more responsive?

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I noticed something similar a few months back but in my case it coincided with a firmware update on my Fritz!Box modem/router so I assumed that was the cause.
Standard User mp90
(newbie) Mon 23-Sep-13 14:47:30
Print Post

Re: DLM now more responsive?

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

My BT Infinity sync took a hammering towards the end of July. For well over a year I had a 80/20 sync and all of a sudden found myself with a 33/16 sync.
Anyway after about 5 weeks of waiting for it to go back up as my attainable rate showed over 100 down and 40 up...I caved and got on to BT who logged a call for an engineer visit at the start of October. However in the space of the last 3 days I've now gradually gone back up the way to a sync of 73 down and 20 up. I don't know wether it's connected to me raising the issue with BT although I didn't think Openreach did anything remotely, or wether it is just an example of a more responsive DLM?

Edited by mp90 (Mon 23-Sep-13 14:48:23)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to