General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jez9999
(learned) Mon 23-Sep-13 09:57:59
Print Post

How good are IDNET?

[link to this post]

I see very little discussion of IDNET's fibre offering here. Has anyone had any experience with them? What are they like? I'm thinking of signing up for their 200GB cap product (though I really prefer uncapped broadband), but their prices are quite hefty.

=== Jez ===
Standard User billford
(elder) Mon 23-Sep-13 10:16:11
Print Post

Re: How good are IDNET?

[re: jez9999] [link to this post]

They're a fairly small ISP, there isn't much discussion about them because there aren't often problems with them!

Quite a few here use them, including me, and I'd agree they're not cheap but you get what you pay for in this life.

Have you looked at their user forum, here?

(It's hosted by IDNet but run entirely by users, and criticism of the company isn't banned tongue)

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User lexden16
(member) Mon 23-Sep-13 10:39:01
Print Post

I was with IDNet for many years and had few issues apart from the occasional e-mail outage. I am now with Zen and I am very pleased with the service that Zen provides. I never see a speed drop and their network is very robust. I am now on Zen Fibre Unlimited. Look at the Zen forum for more information. The downside is that Zen do not offer IMAP or IPv6 but neither of these omissions are game changers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:04:28
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lexden16:
I was with IDNet for many years and had few issues apart from the occasional e-mail outage. I am now with Zen and I am very pleased with the service that Zen provides. I never see a speed drop and their network is very robust. I am now on Zen Fibre Unlimited. Look at the Zen forum for more information. The downside is that Zen do not offer IMAP or IPv6 but neither of these omissions are game changers.

I agree as I heard that Zen say there won't be any banded profile or any Zen IP Profile at their side. They leave it at default at 78Mb and let BT System controlled ip profile on it own. Far better than Plusnet which they had their own ip profile on their end to match BT one. (these sometimes doesn't updated for long times) If FTTC come to my area, I am consider switch from plusnet ADSL2+ to zen fibre unlimited because I like zen leave it 78Mb default profile and let BT control it own.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Mon 23-Sep-13 11:06:49)

Standard User jez9999
(learned) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:08:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
In reply to a post by lexden16:

I agree as I heard that Zen say there won't be any banded profile or any Zen IP Profile at their side. They leave it at default at 78Mb and let BT System controlled ip profile on it own. Far better than Plusnet which they had their own ip profile on their end to match BT one. (these sometimes doesn't updated for long times) If FTTC come to my area, I am consider switch from plusnet ADSL2+ to zen fibre unlimited because I like zen leave it 78Mb default profile and let BT control it own.

What is Zen fibre unlimited? I don't see anything about unlimited on their site. Is that the kind of unlimited where they cap you to 200gb?

=== Jez ===
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:09:53
Print Post

They do have unlimited fibre now. It hidden on their site.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:13:15
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6044-unlimited-fi...

Not that hidden just follow the links

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jez9999
(learned) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:15:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
They do have unlimited fibre now. It hidden on their site.

Hmm, why is it hidden I wonder? Maybe they're just floating the idea but they will abandon it...

=== Jez ===
Standard User lexden16
(member) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:15:32
Print Post

How Good are IDNet

Read the thread on the Zen forum on this site. It is not clear yet whether Zen intends to offer this option to new customers. Give Zen Sales a ring: they are always very helpful.

PS there are also articles about this offer on TBB's main page and at ISPReview.

Edited by lexden16 (Mon 23-Sep-13 17:05:37)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Sep-13 11:18:52
Print Post

Re: lexden16

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I think it time to call plusnet to abolish stupid ip profile at their end. No need for that. Let BT control profile at BT system and Zen are correct when I spoken to them and they say they don't need to match bt profile at their end, what the point for. They rather let BT system do it own for customer's end. That's the reason I hate plusnet profile at their end as they took much longer to updated to match bt end and sometimes it doesn't updated it and getting fed up of asking them to adjusted it for me.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Mon 23-Sep-13 11:20:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to