General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User idmanager
(learned) Mon 23-Sep-13 16:38:18
Print Post

30th September

[link to this post]

Hi, on the bt wholesale checker my cabinet says 30th September, also on the were and when site it just says September my exchange is (01773) leabrooks , is this date just a fixed date that keeps being moved or should I see fibre next week ?
There has been cabinets install from June around where I live but not much in the way of engineers after the first few weeks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Sep-13 17:20:51
Print Post

Re: 30th September

[re: idmanager] [link to this post]

The easy to spot work is the cabinets and power, the fibre blowing is just a van and a small compressor and a couple of guys so can be missed.

The end of September dates are estimates, so do slip sometimes, but they usually don't wait till that date if the exchange and some cabinets are ready.

It is possible everything is done, but waiting on commissioning people to sign it off and/or local engineers to be trained to do installs.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User idmanager
(learned) Fri 27-Sep-13 15:39:57
Print Post

too good to be true, i have checked this morning and its jumped to 31-Dec-13

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sjdean
(regular) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:20:14
Print Post

I got the same problem here on my Birmingham Exchange CMSPR. Flurry of activity activating 10 cabinets over two weeks then deathly silence, several cabinets delayed nad moved to End of October, but Im on one of three that's been moved to the end of December, which, unless there are major problems, I just don't buy. They can install the fibre really quickly and could have got the whole exchange done in a month. Sure there can be problems, but they're bypassing some cabinets where a FTTC has been placed, and they don't seem like they can be bothered extending the fibre run at the moment. to relatively close cabinets (in any direction)
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:40:31
Print Post

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

The engineering teams just dont work on one exchange area at a time, they are sent to where their needed by Openreach, it all comes down to the project managers and how they manage the resources they have to move the rollout forwards.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User sjdean
(regular) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:08:18
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
The engineering teams just dont work on one exchange area at a time, they are sent to where their needed by Openreach, it all comes down to the project managers and how they manage the resources they have to move the rollout forwards.

That is a better explanation than the "blocked ducts" thing. I appreciate the teams work multiple exchange areas as I've seen them working Stechford, Acocks Green and Hall Green Exchanges.

As some people see, they seem to have a flurry of activity on a certain number of cabinets and then spend forever sorting out the fibre on the rest as they focus on other Exchanges. Which is incredibly frustrating. I look at the next cabinet geographically and think - "that's 100 yards over the road, why do we need to wait another 3 months for the fibre".

It's completely mind blowing when I've seen them do the work one day and the cabinet is active the next. If there is planning, it's just bizarre! Just incredibly frustrating having Cabinets bypassed, or cabinets installed but missed out for fibre during the initial roll out/.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:34:19
Print Post

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

That is a better explanation than the "blocked ducts" thing

maybe I dreamt it!
Standard User sjdean
(regular) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:46:54
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:

maybe I dreamt it!

Oh come on, fibre runs right in front of a cabinet which isn't enabled round to a cabinet that is enabled...

Explanations please.

No power, ducts, or private land of issue.

Im sure ducting issues do exist, but I think planning is a better one in a good number of cases.
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Fri 27-Sep-13 23:28:19
Print Post

Im on the Ripley exchange just down the road. I was able to order FTTC before the where and where website said the exchange was live.

If you can hear the fans running in your cabinet keep dropping your phone number into the BT Wholesale checker and get an order placed as soon as you get the green light there.

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 23:31:28
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:

maybe I dreamt it!
Dreamt someone-else's reply confused

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to