General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OliB
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-13 13:31:44
Print Post

Moving house - Same Cabinet - no FTTC in new house

[link to this post]

Hi, for the last 2 months I have had FTTC at 40mbps as Openreach finally installed the new cabinet near my house - INGLEBY BARWICK Cabinet 37.

My current postcode is TS17 5GH. We are looking to move house about 400m down the road to TS17 5LS which is 550m by road from the cabinet. We are currently 200m away.

Problem is the new house is not showing as capable of FTTC service. not sure if the cabinet is full (it was only installed 2 months ago) or there is another reason like distance (can I check the distance myself online or via BT gadget?).

Is their any way of appealing or doing manual requests for FTTC? - in my mind it should be as simple as switching all services from the old house to the new house - is this possible or do they have to cease the old line then re-provision?

My ISP, Plusnet, says there is nothing they can do as the computer says 'no'. I am querying this because when I applied for fiberoptic service the BT Wholesale checker was not up to date and said FTTC was not available in my current house and I suspect FTTC would work if they would only try it.

Any ideas?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 30-Sep-13 13:41:05
Print Post

Re: Moving house - Same Cabinet - no FTTC in new house

[re: OliB] [link to this post]

nga.enquires@openreach.co.uk is probably the people to talk to.

Postcode shows as cabinet 37, and does not appear to be split across two cabinets. It may the postcode is wrong, and it is known as the least accurate checking method, have you tried the full address, or active phone number at the new property?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User OliB
(newbie) Mon 30-Sep-13 13:46:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply - I tried the phone number at new house still no joy.

Will email nga.

Are their any line length test methods - the guy I am buying the house from is happy to help. He is also happy with 1mbps though.

Oli

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 30-Sep-13 14:17:45
Print Post

[re: OliB] [link to this post]

Nope, its pace it out on the road or use Google maps.

There is a chance the line takes a very long route to reach the property from the cabinet, but most likely a database error, like you had before.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to