General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(regular) Wed 02-Oct-13 22:31:39
Print Post

CMSPR 13 / Birmingham

[link to this post]

It appears that Birmingham is now showing on Roadworks, so it's interesting to see all the work that's going on. Seems little in the way of planned roadworks between now and Christmas for my cabinet though, which is number 13 on the CMSPR exchange and Im still not figuring the date, 31st Dec... Wonder if RIbble has the inside scoop about progress?
Standard User kebabselector
(newbie) Wed 02-Oct-13 22:50:44
Print Post

Re: CMSPR 13 / Birmingham

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

If Cab 13 is a small one they won't bother to upgrade it. None of the smaller cabs in Yardley have been updated, all the double door ones have.

Current on Zen, getting around 5mb.
Exchange is Fibre enabled, street cab not economically viable to upgrade.
Could get V*rgin, but I'd rather not.
Standard User sjdean
(regular) Wed 02-Oct-13 22:59:04
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Got the cab, power connection, just looks like there's some major trunking issues and no road works notices yet for a resolution, and the Available Date is set back 3 months to Dec 31 which still doesn't make much sense to me unless they have to dig up the whole road or something. But there's no notices on Roadworks. Frustrating.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 02-Oct-13 23:34:16
Print Post

Re: CMSPR 13 / Birmingham *DELETED*

You have to wait till Openreach finish the work, their are alot of cabinets to enable before the end of the commercial rollout.

Edited by ccxo (Thu 03-Oct-13 02:27:14)

Standard User sjdean
(regular) Thu 03-Oct-13 00:00:08
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

What the heck you rattling on about?

Other cabs in completely different areas have been set to March so that's the reason for Cab 13?

Well, there's a lot of cabs round here that have only been put back 1 month from September to October and BT are working in the area, in fact they're working on the next one up the road from it, so just saying "standard working practice to delay date three months" doesn't really cut it Im afraid.

So Im curious what the hold up is with Cab 13 and what the scope of the problem. Everythings connected, it's just waiting on fibre to be blown down from the next cab.

Ribble mentioned some problems with cable routing as opposed to just blocked ducts so sounds a bit more involved, but Im curious to see what the plan is as i'd be expecting to see more info on Roadworks, like Im seeing for the other cabinets in the area.
Standard User sjdean
(regular) Thu 03-Oct-13 18:38:19
Print Post

Re: CMSPR 13 / Birmingham - Where's Ribble?

I finally heard from NGA which is great, but they've now advised that Cabinet 14 is scheduled for middle of November while my Cabinet, Cabinet 13 is scheduled for start of NEXT YEAR! That's three months+ after virtually everything else - there's even a few other cabs that are being installed after mine which will go live sooner!

I do realise Im in a needle in a haystack, but it just doesn't seem like this cabinet is a priority - as I say, during the initial roll out for CMSPR, BT and it's workers were easy to spot, rapidly digging up the roads and doing the install and digging up rapidly to repair trunks. When they want to shift, they can do.

But there's no Roadworks.org notices, no sign of work. It's disappointing.

Cabinet 14 half a mile up the road, has roadworks.org notices for work between 2nd to 4th October to unblock ducts and insert fibre. If that's going to take to the middle of November to activate, then no wonder my cabinet will only be done at the start of the year - let me see, a month to plan and submit to the council, a month for permission, a month to kick into gear, a day to fix the issue, another month to activate the cabinet?

Grrr.

As I say, it't not the delays that's bothering me, it's not even other priorities that concern me, it's just the lack of visible action?

Simon
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Oct-13 11:37:23
Print Post

Re: CMSPR 13 / Birmingham - Where's Ribble?

In reply to a post by sjdean:
But there's no Roadworks.org notices, no sign of work. It's disappointing.

It the same here, no roadworks.org notices but BT Openreach is working in my area installed fibre optic under the footpath and installing new cabinet nearby me in other side of my area.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
  Print Thread

Jump to