General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User binary
(regular) Wed 09-Oct-13 22:23:37
Print Post

FTTC Data Extension Kit - what does it consist of?

[link to this post]

I'm curious as to what the optional Data Extension Kit (aka Home Wiring Solution) for FTTC installations actually consists of.

After a bit of searching I've found this...
www.run-it-direct.co.uk/BTNTE2000EX30M.html
...which appears to be the actual kit that Openreach engineers use - can anyone confirm this?

What's the chances of success if asking the Openreach engineer to just leave it for the customer to install themselves? (It has been included in the FTTC order.)
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Oct-13 19:49:02
Print Post

Re: FTTC Data Extension Kit - what does it consist of?

[re: binary] [link to this post]

> asking the Openreach engineer to just leave it for the customer to install themselves?

I'd assume non-existant. Surely the Openreach engineer is going to [optionally: install it and then use it] set up the modem and check it is working. The engineer is going to want to place the modem in the final position where it will be used, so they can sign off as having completed the install. If you are suggesting you move things about later, they might not be comfortable...

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 20:10:22
Print Post

[re: binary] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by binary:
After a bit of searching I've found this...
www.run-it-direct.co.uk/BTNTE2000EX30M.html
...which appears to be the actual kit that Openreach engineers use - can anyone confirm this?

Your link is very similar to this one http://www.clarity.it/xcart/product.php?productid=16... except yours is 3 pair CAT5e rather than 2 pair.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Oct-13 13:39:22
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Back in the days of an engineer installed 512Kbps service with the turquoise stingray USB modem, I fitted it in a student house. The NTE was in the entrance hall, but none of the 5 students could decide whose room it should end up in ...... so being proactive, I just left the full 30m kit connected, and told them the first one home from Uni would get first dibs. wink

Print Thread

Jump to