General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Thu 10-Oct-13 12:35:26
Print Post

Fibre Cancelled - Approach to reinstatement - HELP!!

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I've an ongoing issue with talk talk.

In a nutshell they cancelled my fibre connection rather than upgrading.

In order to get the connection back, I've been told they need to do a "full order" to Openreach - and seem to think I need to be in the house for the installation.

I fail to see the point - Openreach have the fibre modem and all up and running (or did until talk talk cancelled the connection). I presumed they would just activate the connection again.

Talk Talk are saying otherwise.

Would appreciate any help!

Dave
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Oct-13 12:40:42
Print Post

Re: Fibre Cancelled - Approach to reinstatement - HELP!!

[re: DaveMead] [link to this post]

If TalkTalk managed to issue a cease on the connection, then the system says engineer to attend as its new order...

If it means taking a day off work and lost money then make sure TalkTalk are aware of their mistake and ask for compensation.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Thu 10-Oct-13 12:54:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. Just thought I'd check as its been one nightmare after another with them.

I was concerned also that btopenreach may see they have already activated the connection previously and that would cause issues on the day, or delay things further.

Was presuming that after all the work openreach had done previously connecting their modem etc and it was all still there then no reason for them to actually come into the house?

Looks like I'll add this to the list relating to compensation!.

Dave

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Oct-13 13:03:53
Print Post

Openreach may in the end realise the connection was already activated, but as a cease is usually done when someone is moving out, it would be wise to attend and ensure the wiring had not been ripped out by a previous resident for example.

All depends on what information is passed to Openreach with the order.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Thu 10-Oct-13 13:21:08
Print Post

Thanks for your responses - much appreciated.
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Mon 14-Oct-13 15:15:21
Print Post

Hi - can I just check on this - can my ISP actually speak to Openreach. TalkTalk are now telling me that there has been an issue with the new order - yet are saying they can't speak directly to Openreach to explain what has happened!

Dave
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 14-Oct-13 15:29:53
Print Post

They deal directly with Openreach, but I believe it is all via drop-down options on order and fault systems. As you know from your own experience of things like that, frequently the list doesn't cover the situation. With no way of inputting details of the problem.

So technically they are probably right in saying they can't speak directly to them, not even "communicate" via email frown. Lunacy, but that's Openreach to blame.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Mon 14-Oct-13 15:32:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response, just needed to rule out talktalk being economical with the truth.

Cheers,
Dave
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Oct-13 18:09:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hang on Bob, in the OP's case Talktalk are Openreach's customers, of course they can speak to them, there are Order Management Gateways and the like for doing just that, how else would CP's order stuff if not able to speak to the supplier ?

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 14-Oct-13 18:40:56
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

From what a few ISP support people have said to me, it is as I described. If what you want to say isn't on the OR selection lists then you can't say it.

Maybe things have been improved, but from the regular kerfuffles we see over anything non-standard I would be surprised.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to