General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-13 16:20:35
Print Post

MY/HLT Hunslet 82 - Sorry Rest of You :(

[link to this post]

There are a couple of people who use this forum who are interested in this cabinet and were given November as a date for availability by me.

Just a quick update to say that that date looks extremely unlikely. If you're really lucky it'll be December, and from a muttered comment on a phone call it wouldn't be that surprising if it disappeared altogether the way things are going.

People who live near the cabinet can't even get phone lines at the moment; BT submitted 2 applications to do work to repair broken duct to allow for new phone lines in July and were rebuffed, another put in yesterday was rejected today.

Currently on the availability checker it's listed as May 2014, BT's shorthand for 'We don't know.'

Again, apologies to the 99.9% of people who'll read this and couldn't care less. I keep most people up to date via a community site but there's a couple who don't use it.
Standard User garethr
(regular) Thu 10-Oct-13 17:15:10
Print Post

Re: MY/HLT Hunslet 82 - Sorry Rest of You :(

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Hi,

What was the reason for rejection?

I didn't think BT needed permission to do works as the have the necessary legal powers.

I'd be going to have a word with council if that was gong on in my town.

No acceptable.

Regards,

Gareth
BT Internet 21CN ADSL 1.4Mbps/400Kbps
BT Infinity FTTP 166Mbps/20Mbps soon
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 10-Oct-13 17:28:34
Print Post

[re: garethr] [link to this post]

Section 58 notice I'd guess

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 11:01:45
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:

This.
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Oct-13 12:20:20
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Ribble - thanks for the previous information on this by the way, it was appreciated.

Sadly the standing by late summer hasn't been an option and, indeed, if the information I have is up to date it seems likely the cabinet won't be stood in 2013, if at all.

I'm actually facing the absurd prospect of having to move so that I can work from home. I'm going to be renting a seat in an office in the interim.

Couldn't make it up. Having to rent office space to work from 'home'.
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-13 00:34:05
Print Post

Confirmed that this isn't going live until 2014.
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Oct-13 10:09:35
Print Post

Better News - Well Played Council / BT

Finally something positive to report.

Council adopted the road 5 months earlier than standard timescales, and ensured that their contact at BT was aware.

I also mentioned it to an MD within BT who I've been corresponding with, his response was amusing and cryptic.

Either way BT put the street works request in the day after adoption and the cabinet, complete with an NGA aggregation node, is being built next week. Inevitable it'd either be pushed with some urgency or left for months. Fortunately cabinets are being built in this area as Wakefield and Leeds Central are going live soon so resource is here anyway.

Description:
Build 1 concrete chamber 2315mm x 737mm x 1565mm deep in Footway,Demolish 1 existing jointbox(s) or cabinet base(s),Erect/Renew 1 PCP cabinet and base (600mm x 300mm x 1000mm),Install 1m of 2 poly ducts in Footway
Start Date:
29/10/2013
End Date:
31/10/2013
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Fri 25-Oct-13 11:41:31
Print Post

Re: Better News - Well Played Council / BT

could be may 2014 before its "live" my cabinet was stood across the road from me installed WITH power but still wasnt ready until 6 months later

good luck though
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 18:29:19
Print Post

Re: Better News - Well Played Council / BT

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

Nah it should be fine. BT are very motivated to get it done.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 26-Oct-13 21:37:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by Ribble:

This.

according to sheffield council its allowed ifs its to provide a new service to a customer and a phone line I think is still considered a important service (utility). Although I am aware the exception 'may' be sheffield policy rather than legislation (I havent checked).

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/roadworks/p...

So I would get on to your council and maybe suggest to BTs legal department that they apply for the exception to install the new phone lines and then sneakily do the FTTC work at the same time.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 26-Oct-13 21:37:57)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to