General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rytenuff
(experienced) Thu 24-Oct-13 16:51:06
Print Post

nga.enquiries

[link to this post]

I have just received a standard reply to an enquiry I made at 16.36. "Out of Office"
What sort of hours do they work? 9 to 5 is usual isn't it? I believe that at one time they were reasonably good at responding to requests for information but I think they are becoming a bit of a joke now. Were they not set up to actually respond to enquiries?
The "Out of Office" response I got was to an email I sent reminding them that it was now 15 working days (three weeks) since I had sent my original enquiry without reply.
Chocolate and fireguard spring to mind.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-Oct-13 17:10:54
Print Post

Re: nga.enquiries

[re: Rytenuff] [link to this post]

Out of office can also mean off site and at a meeting...

Alas as Openreach was set-up as a layer well away from the consumer there should be no surprise they do not deal with consumer stuff very well.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Thu 24-Oct-13 17:20:15
Print Post

The out of office reply is just there to let you know they have received your question.

Assume it looks like this...?

Thank you for contacting Openreach about fibre broadband.

We will respond to your enquiry normally within 15 working days.

Please ensure that you have read our FAQs http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq and note that if your question is already covered here, you will not receive an answer to your enquiry. This includes questions about availability of fibre broadband in areas marked as ‘not currently in rollout plans’. For these issue, please contact your County or Borough Council who may be appropriating funding from the Governments BDUK initiative to enhance the Openreach commercial rollout of fibre broadband in your area.
If you do not include a working telephone number and full address details, your enquiry will not be dealt with.

Please also be aware that questions about live fibre broadband service including speed issues should be made to your Communications Provider as we cannot respond to these.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 24-Oct-13 17:24:20
Print Post

BT staff hours vary depending on department and there are quite a lot who will work 8:00 - 16:00. One particular department that a friend works in has some strange hours - he was on a 7:00 - 14:00 or 12:00 - 19:00 working day.

edit to add:

And they actually put an OoO notification on. How many people do you know that do not bother and even when they go on holiday you have no idea as to whether an email has been seen or actioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Thu 24-Oct-13 17:27:48)

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Oct-13 18:26:12
Print Post

I should think their email address is now well posted across various forums, so they are probably getting ten times the amount of emails they used to.

Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Oct-13 18:49:06
Print Post

Thanks to MS again for introducing utterly worthless rubbish that clogs network and mail inboxes. Even Lotus mail done the same, from what I can remember.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/e-mail-m...

Nick
Standard User Lethe
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Oct-13 18:52:36
Print Post

Oh, forgot

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

Also people forget to turn the thing off, then complain to IT they do not see mails flagged.

MS dumb and dumber.

Nick
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Oct-13 23:22:20
Print Post

[re: Lethe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lethe:
Even Lotus mail done the same, from what I can remember.

Notes mail doesn't pre-populate (neither does outlook from what I can see) - but Notes DOES remind you on a daily basis if you forget to switch off the out of office setting.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User simon194
(committed) Fri 25-Oct-13 00:32:26
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Outlook also reminds you daily if "Out of Office" reply is still switched on.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 25-Oct-13 01:16:31
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

And depending on which version of Outlook it also allows you to set both Start and End dates so that it turns itself off automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to