General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User simonwoodgate
(newbie) Thu 31-Oct-13 21:38:36
Print Post

Anyone here have any info re. FTTC for Hailsham exchange?

[link to this post]

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to ask...

I'm on cabinet 28 in Hailsham, is there a chance anyone here has any idea what the lead time may be for this cab to get fibre?

I'm being offered a fully bundled service by vivacity to replace ukfsn, but the sales guy warned me that if I want to move to fibre any time soon it would be a big pain to unbundle it (10 days without broadband etc) So I don't want to take the deal if fttc is coming any time soon! I get around 4.5mb connection atm.

Thanks in advance.
Standard User simon194
(committed) Thu 31-Oct-13 21:49:45
Print Post

Re: Anyone here have any info re. FTTC for Hailsham exchange

[re: simonwoodgate] [link to this post]

If the cabinet isn't part of the BT/Openreach commercial rollout it may be included in the East Sussex BDUK project. According the info on the website, BDUK work in Hailsham isn't due to start until 2015
Standard User simonwoodgate
(newbie) Sun 03-Nov-13 21:31:56
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Thanks Simon. I think that other cabinets at the Hailsham exchange are fttc enabled, would that make a difference?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(committed) Tue 05-Nov-13 21:40:36
Print Post

What it says for Hailsham on the ES BDUK site is:

"This exchange has been upgraded to superfast broadband as part of BT Openreach’s own plans.
Some cabinets are live and superfast broadband is already available in parts of this exchange area. Check Openreach’s ‘Where and when’ postcode checker to see if you are able to access superfast broadband.
Additional areas will be fibre-enabled under the e-Sussex project starting in 2015"

It's just really a matter of waiting. I suppose nearer the time it would be worth contacting them to check or maybe just register on www.goesussex.co.uk
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-13 20:36:07
Print Post

Simon,

I have sent you a PM (Private Message) with details of who and how to contact Openreach and ESCC Broadband Team.

Expect each e-mail to take up to 10 working day's to be responded to...

It IS worth finding it out though..

EDIT: To access the PM look for a small flashing envelope icon next to Forum Index... it can be easy to miss!

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials

Edited by CJT (Wed 06-Nov-13 20:41:57)

Print Thread

Jump to