General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bloke199
(newbie) Fri 08-Nov-13 18:59:50
Print Post

FTTC Snodland

[link to this post]

Hi all,

First time post, newbie, etc, etc, so take it easy if this is an easy query to answer !!!!

Our local exchange, Snodland, in Kent has been FTTC enabled for getting onto about 3 1/2 years now. A fibre cabinet was planned to have been placed at the top of my road about 18 months back, by telephone cabinet P15, and indeed, a contractor came along, dug a hole, then a couple of days later, filled the whole back in. When I looked at the Openreach website about cabinet P15, it stated that undisclosed underground cables were found where the fibre cabinet was supposed to be placed, and that new placing was being sought for this cabinet.

In the meantime, a new fibre cabinet has been installed in a street, next to telephone cabinet P1, which is about 200 yards from where the original fibre cabinet was going to be placed (P15), and that cabinet P1 has been live since July. We are supposed to be going live by the end of March 2014, but this has been put back many previous times before.

Is it possible that the fibre cabinet for P15 will be merged with cabinet P1, or will P15 need its own fibre cabinet ??

Many thanks for any answers given.

Sacha
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Nov-13 19:09:43
Print Post

Re: FTTC Snodland

[re: bloke199] [link to this post]

200m is too far away to merge, and they don't usually merge cabinets.

Most likely a spot has been found near to p15 that they believe is not a problem. Though often its not obvious until digging starts.

Keep an eye on roadworks.org

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bloke199
(newbie) Sun 10-Nov-13 00:59:57
Print Post

Re: FTTC Snodland

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I do have a look at the roadworks website once a week, but still nothing !!!!

oh well, at least it looks like we could be getting fibre optic broadband, the villagers on the opposite side off the bypass haven't even had an inkling about a cabinet being installed, and they're on a slower connection than me !!!

Cheers,

Sacha

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to