General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cja
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 00:04:03
Print Post

Fibre available ?

[link to this post]

Just moved house with a new phone number. BT wholesale check on post code and house number shows FTTC, as it does for every postcode around me.

However phone new number shows:
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Which is really wierd !!!!!

And on BT Broadband order I get
"The details you've entered show that your local exchange is either not able to offer BT Total Broadband or is currently being upgraded. Please call us on 0800 731 0286 for further information. Our advisors are available from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8pm Saturday and from 9am to 6pm on Sundays."

A few doors down.
Checked another house on the same road using their phone number they get full FTTC and that house is on the same telegraph poll as mine and if I put in through start of the BT order process that confirms it (both wholesale checker and order process agree).

I know the previous owners of my house were on SKY and probably not FTTC (possibly LLU ?). They took their number with them, but I've taken over the same line. Does the problem lie there ?

According to Plusnet I can't get fibre. BT have said there is something wrong with my info but won't explain what but are prepared to do a manual order for broadband, possibly fibre.

What's going on or how do I find out ?
How can I get Plusnet in a position to order Fibre ?
Or is BT my only hope ?

Help.

Chris.

Chris
Kenilworth
3-5Mb/s ADSL Max plusnet
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 18-Nov-13 00:09:25
Print Post

Re: Fibre available ?

[re: cja] [link to this post]

sounds like the sort of thing that fixes itself in a few days - new phone number not yet tied into data for line perhaps. Does it show the Cabinet number ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 18-Nov-13 00:44:21
Print Post

[re: cja] [link to this post]

As yarwell says. The number has only just been allocated to your line, and the details shown will still relate to wherever it went to last time. As he says, it normally self-corrects in 2-4 days.

Just keep checking the number a couple of times a day in the BT Wholesale checker, and once that shows correctly you should be able to order from any ISP within hours.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cja
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 01:34:56
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Cabinet number is correct and the line went live 10 days ago (November 7th),

I think some manual intervention is needed. But who can do it ?

Chris.

Chris
Kenilworth
3-5Mb/s ADSL Max plusnet
  Print Thread

Jump to