General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dawebuser
(member) Tue 19-Nov-13 21:34:01
Print Post

FTTC Help needed

[link to this post]

Please go easy I'm a newbie to this with a few questions

My area is currently being worked on by Openreach , the fibre cabinet that is to serve our property is installed (confirmed this serves ours by Openreach) and there's been a lot of activity at the front with manholes being lifted etc , our house is approximately 75 metres from the fibre cab and the pole is virtually outside our house we've been given an estimated order date of Feb 14 and I have a few questions.

My current BB provider is Sky so when inputting my phone number on the checkers it's not recognised , using the postcode it estimates 58.1 down and 19 up how accurate are these ?

My telephone wiring that comes down the front of the house from were the wire from the pole hits the house is really old grey wiring with a kind of split down the middle if that makes sense , will this work with fibre or will Openreach replace this when I'm installed ?

Who's the best unlimited fibre provider , I'm thinking value for money.
Standard User dawebuser
(member) Wed 20-Nov-13 17:35:59
Print Post

Re: FTTC Help needed

[re: dawebuser] [link to this post]

Forgot to also ask is fibre engineer install only ?

Edited by dawebuser (Wed 20-Nov-13 17:37:30)

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 20-Nov-13 17:48:07
Print Post

Re: FTTC Help needed

[re: dawebuser] [link to this post]

at present is still engineer only. self install/ PCP only options maybe available sometime next year.
post code estimates can be very unreliable. the address checker should be more accurate

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to