General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 10:53:59
Print Post

Congratulations BT

[link to this post]

Enable CMSTE and CHSHEL some 4 months ago but still keep delaying RFS Dates

3rd delay and counting

It is quite pathetic considering these exchanges are within 2 miles of Birmingham city centre, VM have had 100mbit + for several years now but BT cant be arsed to roll out inner city birmingham some 4 years after FTTC roll out started

Pat on the back lads !

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:09:59
Print Post

Re: Congratulations BT

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

I agree as BT are the worse one, keep delaying & delaying and nothing is plan yet. BT don't care as long you are BT customer. That's BT for you. I seen other post that one cabinet sit there for 18 months and finally gone LIVE.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 27-Nov-13 11:11:32)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:22:40
Print Post

Not sure if this forum is really an official channel for BT.

This is nothing specific against or to Birmingham. A few inner city areas have had to wait. MYWAK is still awaiting RFS and has both more business and more residential premises than either of the suburban exchanges you mentioned.

The exchange that hosts the biggest legal and financial services sector outside of London in England, MYLS, likewise isn't enabled.

Being close to the centre of a city or even in the centre of a city doesn't actually make FTTC easier, it adds challenges that aren't present in more lightly populated areas.

There are exchanges in London which have only relatively recently been enabled.

BT couldn't care less whether your exchange is in 'Inner city' using the term very loosely Birmingham or the middle of nowhere. They only care about the commercials of deploying and the manpower available in the area. If the exchanges are delayed they are delayed because additional work needs to be done to get them ready. Nothing at all to do with not being 'arsed'. BT have spent money on these areas already and would very much like to be getting some return on that sooner rather than later.

That said I think I just wasted my time trying to respond constructively to the most recent in a series of posts made purely to rant. Oh well.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gadget
(committed) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:24:56
Print Post

Have you emailed the nga.enquiries mailbox to ask why there are delays?
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:29:07
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I agree as BT are the worse one, keep delaying & delaying and nothing is plan yet. BT don't care as long you are BT customer. That's BT for you. I seen other post that one cabinet sit there for 18 months and finally gone LIVE.

How exactly can they delay if nothing is planned? A delay means that a timescale must have been planned else there's nothing to delay.

Why would Openreach delay their programme if people are already BT customers? So that they can wait longer before receiving a return on their investment and receive less money over the course of the lifetime of the hardware? So that they can wait before trying to win back the line rental of cable customers who may be swayed by availability of FTTC?

It is in BT's financial interests to get everything ready as soon as possible so that they can start making money from it.

If you hate BT so much stick with Virgin and Virgin alone. You seem to be orgasmic in your pants over the prospect of FTTC and retain a BT Wholesale line right now so evidently you are fine with giving BT money.

If you dislike the company so much stop paying them. Simple.
Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:34:13
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I think you're failing to take account of a significant point- you are describing the situation as it exists on the planet on which you live.

As is adslmax wink

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:38:11
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I do hate BT but I do like FTTC to be honest and can't wait to get rid of virgin media. I choose FTTC because of BT long term reliable and a better upload than virgin media.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User billford
(elder) Wed 27-Nov-13 11:53:14
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I do hate BT
That's fair enough (they're not my favourite organisation either), but please try to keep your criticisms based on the realities of real-life business situations, not meaningless rants that do nothing but clutter up tbb's hard drives.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 27-Nov-13 13:12:31
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
How exactly can they delay if nothing is planned?
tongue
Delay making the plan?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 13:38:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
How exactly can they delay if nothing is planned?
tongue
Delay making the plan?

In which case you were planning to make that plan.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to