General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User evrelia
(newbie) Sat 30-Nov-13 23:42:06
Print Post

Why Can't I Get BT Infinity?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm moving into a new property soon which is served by Cabinet 68, which is enabled for BT Infinity. Every other property on the street is able to get BT Infinifty according to the online checker, including both properties immediately adjacent to it, so it's obviously not a problem related to distance.

The property was recently refurbished and split into multiple flats - I'm perhaps wondering if this has caused an issue with the online checker. The staff on the phone were very unhelpful when I rang in.

Any idea if anything can be done?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 30-Nov-13 23:51:31
Print Post

Re: Why Can't I Get BT Infinity?

[re: evrelia] [link to this post]

The postcode/address system has probably not updated to the point where BT recognise the property, so computer says no.

Once you have managed to get an active telephone line installed things should improve, probably.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User evrelia
(newbie) Sat 30-Nov-13 23:55:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well, I can select the flat within the property on their address checker, it just says its not enabled. They weren't able to offer me any explanation as to why. Don't particularly want to order a phone line with them if i'm just going to have to go with Virgin anyway, (and I'd rather not go with Virgin unless I have to..)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 01-Dec-13 00:05:09
Print Post

Do Virgin do flats. I thought not.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 01-Dec-13 00:08:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

On the virgin, sometimes, sometimes not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User btbert
(member) Sun 01-Dec-13 01:10:09
Print Post

VM have not put there own cable network into flats for a fair few years now.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Dec-13 09:11:22
Print Post

It could that the RDSLAM is at full capacity, in which case you will need to wait for a port to become free or hope a new fibre card is installed due to demand.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Dec-13 09:20:47
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I don't think that is the case as he's already said other properties in the street can get FTTC.

I wonder if the flats have been put on a DACs, do they show on the checker?

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 01-Dec-13 09:54:36)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 01-Dec-13 09:40:29
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

If its in the last year or two, they are supposed to have stopped using DACS I thought, since they stop both ADSL2+ and VDSL2

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Dec-13 10:52:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Do Virgin do flats. I thought not.

Depends what you mean by flats. All the 2 storey and 3 storey blocks here in Farnborough and the ones I know in Fleet have ALL got VM cable. For many people it was the only way to get internet, as the distance from the exchange was too far for ADSL (no sync).

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to