General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gazmet08
(newbie) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:24:35
Print Post

Ordering fibre

[link to this post]

I'm wondering if someone might be able to help.

According DSL checker, fibre will be available on my cabinet from 31st dec.
Does anyone know if I can order before this date so it's up and running on 31st or will I have to wait until after 31st to place my order.
I will be ordering with sky if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:34:22
Print Post

Re: Ordering fibre

[re: Gazmet08] [link to this post]

Wait until it's available. End of month dates are only estimates. End of year dates are aspirational at best.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:55:09
Print Post

[re: Gazmet08] [link to this post]

As per BatBoy, plus is your exchange already enabled? If not, and that is due at the same time, Sky and TalkTalk are sometimes behind BT Wholesale in getting their GEA links into the exchange. (That's the handover from Openreach).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:58:39
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Gazmet08, you need to e-mail Openreach(nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk) who'll be able to give you more accurate information regarding the status of your cabinet. The standard online checker tends not to tell you very much.
Standard User Gazmet08
(newbie) Sun 01-Dec-13 20:25:19
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies. I thought I'd be best waiting until the end of the month.
The exchange has been enabled since September and there has been a fibre cabinet on the street since the summer. The available from date only started showing up on the checker last week so I'm hoping it will be accurate.
  Print Thread

Jump to