General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(member) Mon 09-Dec-13 23:39:55
Print Post

CMSPR - Cab 13 and 14 Update

[link to this post]

I've been speaking with someone at BT regarding the delays to my cabinet.

Essentially I think the thing that best describes my frustration, is seeing one cabinet that only requires 23 metres of trunking to be installed continually pushed back while other cabinets are announced on the DSL Checker, installed, fibre blown and installed while the other sits waiting. ie new cabinets are being installed and coming online before cabinets that have sat waiting for several months.

Cabinet 13 (my cabinet) appears to be so bad for infrastructure, they were hoping to bring in the FTTC via an Aerial solution. However it would appear that this is taking too long and lo and behold, they've found an alternative solution to get the fibre to the cabinet. As there are at least five different short road paths to this cabinet, Im bewildered as to why it's taking so long to find the solution. Of course I quite accept that a road path and visibility of BT junction boxes on the pavements with clear tarmac lines between them showing the path of ducting, plays only part of the picture. There could be a lack of other crucial junctions between the areas.

Yet I do stand by my previous comments, that if they can install 23 metres of new trunking to connect a new FTTC cab to a PCP cab within a few short weeks, why do other cabs wait several months for the same work.

No one knows.

The route for Cabinet 14, goes Exchange > Cabinet 14 > Cabinet 22. Cabinet 22 lies beyond Cabinet 14.

One person at NGA has advised that there are several blockages to reach 14. Fair enough. Another says that there are actually collapsed ducts. All I know is that they've obviously installed the sub duct to get to cabinet 22 past cabinet 14.

I have had confirmation that everything is installed to cabinet 14 except for fibre

Apart from the last 23 metres to Cabinet 14, Im not sure what's going on. NGA have made comments that I haven't seen any work on this due to the "short stretches of trunking". But there has been no road works unless everything is under ground. However that doesn't appear to be an accurate answer, as they are now installing 23 metres of trunking which they believe to be the "last blockage".

Now unless Cabinet 14 utilises completely different ducts along the same stretch of road than Cabinet 22 (of which yes, I cannot be sure) then I believe what they really mean, is that they have a blockage in the last 23 metres that it has taken them at least two months to find and fix.

It does just seem really strange that these last few cabinets have been left til last, and, not just left to last, they have been ignored while other new cabinets have been installed.

Yes, I accept Im not privvy to BT schedules, but come on, 23 metres of trunking taking several months? It doesn't sound right.

On top of that, one person at NGA says it will be enabled end of January 2014 (should have been September 2013), while a week later, someone else has reported that NGA are saying March 2014! Wow, six months to install 23 metres of trunking and install fibre to a cabinet even though there is a fully activated cab not 100 metres away.

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Dec-13 13:14:43
Print Post

Re: CMSPR - Cab 13 and 14 Update

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

Yeah it pretty stupid. Got email from NGA saying my cabinet 8 FTTC cabinet is not yet a foot stand and will delayed until May 2014. Promise September 2013, November 2013, February 2014, and now May 2014. Getting fed up with it now. 8 Months setback. BT taken off FTTC on BT Wholesale checker with no explain of why it was taken off.

BT are suppose to install FTTC but there appear no ones working around my cabinet at the moment. Suppose to start yesterday. Where are you BT? Get your butt here and start work!

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Tue 10-Dec-13 13:18:26)

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Dec-13 13:32:16
Print Post

It's because it's cabinet 13, unlucky number that one wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Dec-13 13:48:43
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
It's because it's cabinet 13, unlucky number that one wink

Just like nightmare friday 13th

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Dec-13 10:56:12
Print Post

same with cmshel

nothing has been switched on yet

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 11-Dec-13 12:00:11
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

But there are cabinets on CMSHEL available for FTTC
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Dec-13 12:18:38
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

During the weekend I went for a walk down into the shopping centre of sheldon and I did not find a single cabinet buzzing away, I then walked an alternative way back home and found another 3 cabinets that were not switched on. so 6 cabs on my exchange not working. I dont know how many cabs cmshel has though

BT were around my area last friday and the bloke I spoke to admitted that cmshel was behind and they were in a rush to try get cabs up and running before xmas.

KRO BCFC smile

BQM

Edited by Stanman_24 (Wed 11-Dec-13 12:22:18)

Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Dec-13 12:38:55
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Cab1 is enabled
Cab2 is not
cab8 is enabled
cab27 is not
cab24 is not
cab 37 is enabled

just done a quick google maps check so I am wrong

Looks like one whole side where I live has not gone live

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firef...

right hand side of church road is live the other side is not

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Dec-13 14:14:50
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

No exchange is getting all of its cabinets enabled straight off as part of the commercial rollout. There isn't some BT plot to persecute you and your local area.

You are unlikely to be able to hear the cabinets without getting really close or sticking an ear to them, they've very little call to have fans running at speed in this weather, and don't 'buzz'.

A lot of the time it's easy enough to tell which have power by the tarmac tracks.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Wed 11-Dec-13 14:15:03)

Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Dec-13 14:20:47
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

it is a conspiracy I tell you !

KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to