General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jroadley
(newbie) Tue 10-Dec-13 21:42:21
Print Post

Anyone help with a fibre query?

[link to this post]

I have a BT cabinet across the road from me - and looks like a new cabinet is being installed next to it. Despite nothing for my exchange (AYLSHAM) having FTTC - does this mean FTTC is imminent or will I be waiting months before anything actually happens?

Can anyone check the status of fibre in my area?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 10-Dec-13 22:10:15
Print Post

Re: Anyone help with a fibre query?

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

You can check by using www.dslchecker.bt.com It will tell you your cabinet number and estimated date for Fibre, if planned.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Dec-13 14:47:26
Print Post

Re: Anyone help with a fibre query?

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Not always correct that bat.

If it is a funded via some form of BDUK funding - then the checker may show nothing, but the cabs and work will be going ahead.

Only once complete and ready to order do the checkers show any form of Fibre being available.

Honestly - if there is a cab going in great, but be prepared to wait 6 - 12 months before you can order (that way if it comes in earlier - you'll be even happier!)

Tam