General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jhurrell
(experienced) Wed 11-Dec-13 09:18:47
Print Post

FTTC/P cab - what's the plan?

[link to this post]

My cab in Shrewsbury (64) was slated for FTTC/P on the old 2011 leaked spreadsheet - since then FTTC has come to many areas in the town, but not my cab. BTOR did carry out some work around the streets near to my cab and it seems that fibre has been brought to the poles (I can see it coiled up hanging on the poles I think) but for probably 9 months now, nothing seems to have happened. I'm still on ADSL2+.

The BTOR checker for my number has no mention of fibre at all.

I'm not complaining as my speeds are OK, but I'm just curious as to what the plans are for these FTTC/P cabs? There were a lot of them in the leaked spreadsheet - is it likely that they will turn into FTTPoD instead and I will need to pay (at some indeterminate time in the future) to get the fibre to the house?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Dec-13 09:26:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC/P cab - what's the plan?

[re: jhurrell] [link to this post]

That won't be the fibre but black plastic tubes with a yellow stripe I assume.

The FTTP areas went on hold to concentrate on getting rolled out numbers high quickly via FTTC. FTTP is starting to see some progress now.

Email me Andrew@thinkbroadband.com with address details and we can chase Openreach for an update

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jhurrell
(experienced) Wed 11-Dec-13 09:30:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. Yes, you are right, it is the black tubing with a yellow stripe down it. I will email you separately.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Dec-13 22:46:44
Print Post

[re: jhurrell] [link to this post]

That'll be FTTP then. (Did it really give both for the cabinet?)

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 11-Dec-13 22:47:31)

Print Thread

Jump to