General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Thu 12-Dec-13 10:33:37
Print Post

The I Can/Can't get FTTC on another line saga!

[link to this post]

Help! OK I have FTTC on my line. I'm happy have been for 6 months that's fine. It's the other line which is causing a problem and I ready to tear my hair out. It's been/not been available on this line for the past 6 months (time i've had FTTC) I would have asked for it to be on the line sooner but I was stuck on a ADSL contract with aquiss (and I wanted this line to have FTTC with aquiss) Fast forward to monday when it's available again (horray) so a few emails are exchanged and it's ordered and was told a install date of next thursday morning (woohoo) Now imagine my surprise and downright frustration when I get a email this morning to inform me that BT have decided to cancel the damn order because of not enough port space (despite checker's showing availability) then I query that and get this:

Yup another wait. We already quizzed them on the availability checker.

BT advise the checker is incorrectly showing port availability, when there is none. There is 128 ports on your DSLAM, with 4 faulty. However, the checker is not accounting for the faulty 4 ports, so it keeps showing availability.

Orders then go in, which DOES account for faulty ports, then rejects order.

They are passing this on to the required team to try and resolve this mis-match of information.

Is this other phone line EVER destined to get FTTC?

Edited by NUTTER44444 (Thu 12-Dec-13 10:50:47)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 12-Dec-13 11:28:53
Print Post

Re: The I Can/Can't get FTTC on another line saga!

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

If DSLAM is that full then a second cab should be appearing, that can take time though.

Sounds like ISP is on the case though

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Thu 12-Dec-13 13:53:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If DSLAM is that full then a second cab should be appearing, that can take time though.

Sounds like ISP is on the case though

Perhaps. But why would they allow us to place an order only to be told that it's been cancelled the way it has? OK Maybe it is beyond their control a little but it is slightly embarrassing to be honest. The problem I also have? I was hoping it could be done now as aquiss have a activation fee of 96 Quid for fibre but for now it is free (I find it highly unlikely they will extend that just to suit us) the dilemma I have too is? What if I keep checking and it keeps saying it's available then I submit a order only for it to happen again? If I knew for sure when I could order and I would be happy to do so but this uncertainty when I can/can't it's confusing as hell

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Thu 19-Dec-13 22:31:41
Print Post

Update time. The checkers are still showing as FTTC available on the other line as I have said. (disappeared and went again) Now I have went ahead and asked aquiss to try this again and I have a comitted date for the 31st of this month. Should I be worried I won't get a email in a few days telling me it's not going to happen again?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 22:43:14
Print Post

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to