General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Undisputed
(newbie) Sun 15-Dec-13 20:19:09
Print Post

BT cabinet (Huddersfield) - will it be upgraded or not?

[link to this post]

In October 2013 I received the following notification from roadworks.org:

Works description: Huddersfield (Pcp 154)Street Cabinet & Power Installation. Excavate To Lay Approx 3m Bt Ducts In F/Way, Lay Concrete Plinth, Stand Cab. Excavate To Expose Low Voltage Cable For Power Connection And Lay Approx 5m Duct In F/Way. Power Engineer To Carry Out Inspection Prior To Jointing. Power Jointing Team To Insert Cable And Execute Jointing Works. Reinstate, Check And Clear Site.
Responsibility for works: BT
Current status: Planned work about to start

I understood that to mean that the FTTC cabinet would be installed imminently. All the usual barriers etc were erected, and there was some activity during the first day. Then for the remainder of the week there was hardly any activity at all, until the last day, where all the barriers were removed, and no FTTC cabinet.

Similar work was going on the same road towards Huddersfield Town Centre, and the cabinets near to the centre have a FTTC cabinet. However, there are a few other cabinets on the same road that haven't yet been upgraded before cabinet 154 and it could just be that Openreach will enable cabinet 154 later.

What's worrying me is that there maybe issues with cabinet 154 and it may be excluded from the FTTC rollout.

Has anyone had similar experience with their cabinet?
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Mon 16-Dec-13 07:45:04
Print Post

Re: BT cabinet (Huddersfield) - will it be upgraded or not?

[re: Undisputed] [link to this post]

I'm guessing they may have discovered a problem, possibly something underground which didn't come up in the survey. If that's the case they may have to look at an alternative location.
Could be a long delay.......or not.
Standard User Undisputed
(newbie) Mon 16-Dec-13 10:37:07
Print Post

Re: BT cabinet (Huddersfield) - will it be upgraded or not?

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

As long as they put FTTC in. Don't think I can survive on this 2meg connect much longer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to