General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Eng_Liam
(newbie) Sun 15-Dec-13 21:44:59
Print Post

Fibre Broadband - When?

[link to this post]

Hello everyone,

I have just found out (after a long wait) that we finally have an estimated date of when we will be able to receive fibre broadband to my property.

On the BT Infinity checker it says:

Sorry, fibre optic BT Infinity isn't currently available at your property.

Fibre optic broadband is estimated to be in your area between December 2013 and May 2014. Please note that these dates have been provided by our supplier and are estimates. Dates may be subject to change due to factors outside our control such as; delays agreeing cabinet locations with your local council or unforeseen issues encountered during the construction of your street cabinet.

When I check on BT's DSL checker (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com) I receive this:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address **** FULWELL PARK AVENUE, TWICKENHAM, TW2 5HG on Exchange KNELLER HALL is served by Cabinet 6

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 72.7 54.6 20 16.3 -- 31-May-14
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 62 34.9 20 11.4 -- 31-May-14

Now I notice the later site quotes the last day of the estimated time BT has, but is there anyway I can contact Openreach to get an actual date they have planned etc?

I appreciate anyone's help in advance.

Liam
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sun 15-Dec-13 21:48:20
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband - When?

[re: Eng_Liam] [link to this post]

You email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk . May take a while for a reply.
Standard User Eng_Liam
(newbie) Sun 15-Dec-13 22:05:53
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Many thanks Ribble.

I anticipate their reply.

I understand a response may take a while, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 15-Dec-13 22:15:14
Print Post

Chances of getting an exact date for something so far away are almost invisible.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Dec-13 18:11:12
Print Post

in the end it is just wait, wait, wait and eventually the time will come when the present will be delivered. Ho Ho Ho that's Christmas....

Seriously. You are now in the wait period. Plan for June using the service and you will not be far wrong. Anything before will be a bonus.

IanD
Standard User Eng_Liam
(newbie) Thu 02-Jan-14 12:13:44
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Reply didn't take nearly as long as I expected. smile

Dear Sir

Thank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband at Kneller Hall cabinet LW/KNE 6. This cabinet is still in the build phase and is currently waiting for confirmation from the power utility company for when they intend to connect a suitable power supply to the fibre cabinet. If works go ahead as planned, we are expecting this cabinet to go live at the end of February into early March 14.

If you have any further questions, please ensure you have read the FAQ's on our website, http://www.openreachfibrebroadband.co.uk/faq/ . If your question is answered within the FAQ section, we will not respond to your e-mail.
  Print Thread

Jump to