General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Stealth549
(newbie) Sat 21-Dec-13 14:17:42
Print Post

Watton Norfolk FTTC

[link to this post]

Hello,

I live in Watton, a town not far from Norwich in Norfolk. I was walking into town this morning where I found a new FTTC cab installed. It got me thinking if the cab I assume i'm connected to will get one. Cabinet number 5. It must serve a good few hundred houses

Having a quick look at http://www.betterbroadbandnorfolk.co.uk/ dosent give me my answer

WATTON
BBfN will bring better broadband to parts of Carbrooke, Griston, Little Cressingham, Merton, Saham Hills, Saham Toney, Threxton and Watton (including Threxton Road Industrial Estate, Neaton Business Park, Breckland Business Park, Norwich Road Industrial Estate, New Green Business Park and Thetford Road Business Park) - services should become available from ISPs from January to end March 2014.

Cabinet 5 is in the middle of the chain listed above but the estate names served by it are not named.

Having a look at the roadworks website no works are scheduled. However with the cabinet being some distance from the road I wouldn't expect needing to obstruct the road with any works.

I have linked a couple of photos and google maps

https://maps.google.com/?ll=52.570615,0.843292&spn=0...

Should I get excited with the prospects of FTTC?

Image of Markings

Image of Cabinet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Dec-13 15:44:46
Print Post

Re: Watton Norfolk FTTC

[re: Stealth549] [link to this post]

Does the existing telephone cab have a number stencilled on it, if that matches the cabinet number shown when you check your phone number at https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Then looks like FTTC is on the way to you

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Stealth549
(newbie) Sat 21-Dec-13 16:35:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link, works with the address as it doesn't like my TT line. Would the markings on the path suggest to be for a future fibre cabinet ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stealth549
(newbie) Mon 23-Dec-13 14:18:36
Print Post

Just got confirmation that the cabinet in question is to get fibre. Currently with TalkTalk.

My contract must be over by now. No sky is available so would anyone recommend Plusnet? What's involved with moving away from TT, as i'm using the full LLU i assume no MAC code is required. 2+ weeks with no internet/phone?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Dec-13 14:43:56
Print Post

So long as the new provider does a SIM provide, the downtime should be minimal for the phone and just a few hours for the broadband

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to