General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rjlfc
(newbie) Sat 11-Jan-14 08:45:18
Print Post

Can anyone help - FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi, hoping one of you experts can help!

Super fast openreach website suggests my exchange (pentyrch) is now accepting orders. There is also a new green cabinet very near to my house (but I don't know if that is what I actually use, but I'm so close to it that it would seem obvious that it is!).

However the bt wholesale checker doesn't list my cabinet (says I am cabinet 10) as having FTTC yet but didnt have an expected date either ( FTTC isn't even listed). Does this mean I'm not getting it, our have they just nut competed the work on the cabinet yet? Are there any other sites I can check for further info our can any off you guys help based on the info I have provided above?

Many thanks!
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Jan-14 09:00:21
Print Post

Re: Can anyone help - FTTC

[re: rjlfc] [link to this post]

Check the number on the cab.. or the number on the older cab thats next to it.

If its 10 then you are using that cab.. if not...

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 24272 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 14.5 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 0.3 dB 11.8 dB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 11-Jan-14 12:02:32
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Just a point of info. The FTTC cabs never have numbers. At least, not externally visible ones.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 11-Jan-14 12:03:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Sat 11-Jan-14 22:12:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They do round my way probably because a lot of the cabinets are in different roads to their associated PCP.

A couple even have the exchange code on them because their PCP's have the same number but are on different exchanges one of which went live 2 years before the other.
Standard User rjlfc
(newbie) Sat 11-Jan-14 22:42:02
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

So if indeed the new cabinet is 10, even though the bt wholesale site didn't list it as having fttc , did it suggest it will be soon or at some point? Anyone on here for any access to any databases our she's that can tell me if I will have it soon?
Ta!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 11-Jan-14 23:53:29
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Thanks for that simon smile. It makes sense, but I've never seen it mentioned before.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User rjlfc
(newbie) Sun 12-Jan-14 15:21:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by rjlfc:
So if indeed the new cabinet is 10, even though the bt wholesale site didn't list it as having fttc , did it suggest it will be soon or at some point? Anyone on here for any access to any databases our she's that can tell me if I will have it soon?
Ta!

There was no number on the cabinet so if anyone can help me determine if my cabinet (10) is due for fttc that would be fantastic!! Thanks
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Sun 12-Jan-14 18:32:27
Print Post

You need to find the old cabinet, that will have a 10 on it. Within about 50m will be it's fibre twin. If you can't find it it will not have been delivered yet.

As Pentrych is a BDUK funded exchange the cabs do not always appear on the Wholesale checker until they are ready to go live. The Welsh assembly has a big say in the rollout order and the communications so they say when it goes on the sites so BT wholesale will only know just before it goes live.

Sorry posts crossed. It is unlikely for the old Cab NOT to have a 10 on it, have you got a photo so that people can check you have the right type of cab?

Edited by kitcat (Sun 12-Jan-14 18:35:17)

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sun 12-Jan-14 20:51:54
Print Post

Yes cabinet 10 is due for FTTC. The new cab should be in place by now.
Standard User rjlfc
(newbie) Mon 13-Jan-14 22:21:51
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
Yes cabinet 10 is due for FTTC. The new cab should be in place by now.

That's great thanks. I haven't found (or looked in ernest) for the old cabinet as someone mentioned but as I am listed as cabinet number 10 and as you say it is on the list for fttc AND as I seem to have a brand new cabinet right by my house I would hope it's all good and not too far away! Just hope they update the wholesale checker soon as unless I am mistaken that's basically what I am waiting for now to be able to place an order (all be it via talktalk)?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to