General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Jan-14 17:54:24
Print Post

BT Cabinet Installing Part 3

[link to this post]

I just brought openreach mk2 faceplate from bt shop and also netgear homeplug av500 gigabit with my netgear dgnd3700v2 wireless router (support fibre) and everything is ready for to order FTTC soon end of this month. Maybe I will option for self-install as I don't think I need BT Engineer in my property as I had installed openreach mk2 faceplate (I think it also support fibre) If I choose self-install will Plusnet sent out Fibre Modem or still required BT Openreach engineer visitor?

http://s5.postimg.org/xsjypf3mv/20140113_171849.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/a0andw1lz/20140113_172019.jpg

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Mon 13-Jan-14 18:02:42
Print Post

Re: BT Cabinet Installing Part 3

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Do plusnet have a self install option?
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(member) Mon 13-Jan-14 18:27:01
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

The saga goes on...........

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Galoka
(newbie) Mon 13-Jan-14 18:28:45
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

No, not yet, not that I know of. I had my Plusnet FTTC connection installed today and self install wasn't an option when I ordered (just after new year). Not that I wanted the option, since we didn't have a NTE5 socket, so needed one installing anyway.

I imagine that once they do offer self install they will provide a combined modem/router (like the BT Home highway 5)
Standard User knight01
(learned) Mon 13-Jan-14 19:00:53
Print Post

Can you provide a link for the FTTC faceplate on the BT shop site.

------------------------------
ZeN Active

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/2538370612.png[/img]

Edited by knight01 (Mon 13-Jan-14 19:02:28)

Standard User Fastman2
(newbie) Mon 13-Jan-14 19:34:34
Print Post

self install i think means you dont tounch the faceplace and just plug in the router and modem (The face plate is openreach network -- a drawback on self install is it is dependant on ow clean your line is - as you could lose a large percentrage of the speed if you have a nunber of sockets - thats not good if you are quite a way from the cabinet to start with

Edited by Fastman2 (Mon 13-Jan-14 19:36:29)

Standard User Rastus
(committed) Mon 13-Jan-14 19:36:15
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
The saga goes on...........

Yes unfortunately, yawn .....

I wondered how long it would be before Part 3 started.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Jan-14 19:48:46
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Self-install from the user perspective is identical to the first time they have ADSL installed. A short break whilst the cabinet connections are remade. (As opposed to a short break whilst the exchange connections are remade).

The faceplate is not part of the Openreach network. The demarcation point remains the test socket of the NTE5.

With FTTC self-install the responsibility for optimising the home wiring moves from Openreach to the user - exactly as it has been for years with ADSLx.

However, as has been said, the OP is not yet able to order via the PlusNet system a self-install. I expect it could be arranged via the some level or other of support, as it would require cancellation of the engineer home visit.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Jan-14 20:29:37
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

I know how you feel

Andrew should create this bloke his own section on TB

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 09:35:27
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

I think BT Wholesale Checker had forgotten to updating their site as they never show FTTC available date / estimated speed at all. However I got email from openreach this morning:

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

14 Jan (2 mins ago)

to me

Dear Sir

Thank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband, you are connected to Cuckoo Oak exchange cabinet 8.

Your fibre broadband are now enabled and accepting order. I am afraid I have no information as to estimated speeds or date on the BT Wholesale Checker.

If you have any further questions, please ensure you have read the FAQ's on our website, http://www.openreachfibrebroadband.co.uk/faq/. If your question is answered within the FAQ section, we will not respond to your e-mail.

Regards

Tim Whitcomb

NGA Enquiries

e-Mail : nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

W Web: www.openreach.co.uk

I don't understand why I cannot order as it seem BT Wholesale never updating?
I cannot order anything yet. Rather annoyed.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to