General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:10:59
Print Post

Re: FTTP 330/30

[re: MartinS] [link to this post]

Yes, after the event and you were challenged ! (IMO).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Tue 14-Jan-14 11:12:11)

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:11:14
Print Post

Are you just trying to make the rest of us jealous wink

If you can provide that to me at a reasonable cost without a 3 year contract then I'll sign up to you straight away. Unfortunately, I think I may be wishing for a little too much there. And I suspect you will find it hard to find many other users as my guess is the actual take-up (based on availability and cost) of 330/30 is pretty low.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:16:11
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I see no problem, they have the ISP tag and its on their profile. If they were singing praises about price etc and linking to sales pages then yes would have a problem.

FTTP is still rare enough that even ISP staff who get it get excited about it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative MartinS
(isp) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:18:18
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Infinity 4 from BT Retail is £50 a month (plus line rental tax) with an 18 month contract, which is pretty reasonable? This all obviously assumes you're in a FTTP enabled area...
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:20:23
Print Post

And that's the rub. FTTP footprint is relatively low. FTTPoD is coming but will be relatively expensive and long term contracts. Most people aren't lucky enough to have straight FTTP. In my own county there are very few (although sounds like my brother's new house will be getting it later in the year so might have to camp out there - first time their broadband will have ever been better than mine).
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:27:55
Print Post

I see you are suffering with a lag and slow climb on the UPSTREAM of the TBB test ... any ideas why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Michael_Chare
(committed) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:49:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I see no problem, they have the ISP tag and its on their profile. If they were singing praises about price etc and linking to sales pages then yes would have a problem.

He made comments about the price, suggesting that it was reasonable.

Michael Chare
Standard User billford
(elder) Tue 14-Jan-14 11:59:39
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
He made comments about the price, suggesting that it was reasonable.
BT's price, not ClaraNet's.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 14-Jan-14 12:01:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by MartinS:
Just recently installed FTTP 330/30 into my house, pretty pleased with the 305mb peak speed test although still got a bit of tweaking to do to try and get the full 330mb:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I've not seen anyone else post here about FTTP 330/30 or Infinity 4, curious to know what anyone else's experiences are?

M.
I take it you're simply reselling BT Infinity 4 and that implies your prices will be higher than Infinity 4 as I guess you want to make a profit?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Jan-14 12:10:04
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Claranet is NOT reselling Infinity 4, since that is a retail product. What claranet is selling is the BT Wholesale GEA FTTP 330/30 product

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to