General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative MartinS
(isp) Tue 14-Jan-14 15:50:44
Print Post

Re: FTTP 330/30

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Yes, I noticed that as well. Other tests I've run don't show that so much, so I assumed it was just a quirk of that individual test.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative MartinS
(isp) Tue 14-Jan-14 16:06:01
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I've had great fun reading the conspiracy theories in this thread! As Ian and a few others have pointed out, neither I nor Claranet have anything to gain from this thread, other than perhaps shared knowledge and experience a rare FTTP service (assuming someone lurking here had it installed) and feeding my interest in UK Broadband as a whole. I didn't mention Claranet in my first post, for that matter I could have been using a competitors FTTP service, the Claranet bit wasn't the point of the post, the FTTP 330 bit was. I only mentioned Infinity 4 because BT Retail are the gorilla in the room with the vast majority of the FTTP lines installed in the UK.

If you look through my previous posts you'll see I've not been here for a while, but a while ago I was a major contributor, and always conducted myself in a very transparent way. I was heavily involved in the Easynet LLU network (now Sky) and the AOL LLU network (now TT), and although I now work for someone who isn't involved in LLU or 'carrier' broadband services, I'm still very interested in it.

M.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(member) Tue 14-Jan-14 16:17:37
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Only Openreach CEO boss Liv Garfield had 1Gbps downstream and 1Gbps upstream as a 1:1 contention ratio at her home.

It's all making sense now........do I suspect a bit of jealousy, (albeit totally impractical/unneeded in today's current climate), here?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 14-Jan-14 17:09:12
Print Post

[re: MartinS] [link to this post]

However, as an ISP rep it might help if your signature indicated which ISP you are a rep for.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User Galoka
(newbie) Tue 14-Jan-14 17:15:03
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Though I suspect there would then be people complaiining that each post was a little plug for that ISP. smile
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 14-Jan-14 17:19:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by MartinS:
Yes, I noticed that as well. Other tests I've run don't show that so much, so I assumed it was just a quirk of that individual test.

Do they all show a slow rise though? I get that on one PC on a particular line, different PC on that line is fine and if I use the one PC elsewhere it is also fine. Something odd!..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 14-Jan-14 17:31:44
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

That is not how I see it when the PlusNet reps provide help in the PlusNet forum. At least we know that they are qualified to answer questions on behalf of PlusNet. In this case you do not know which ISP is being represented and therefore cannot judge the validity of a post either way.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 14-Jan-14 19:05:41
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Galoka:
Though I suspect there would then be people complaiining that each post was a little plug for that ISP. smile
It's perfectly normal and accepted practice here smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 15-Jan-14 00:03:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by MartinS:
I now work for someone who isn't involved in LLU or 'carrier' broadband services, I'm still very interested in it.

M.
So are you just reselling a BT product?

What hardware are you using?

Are there any bandwidth limits?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 08:30:55
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

If you click on Martin's name it will take you to his profile which tells you what job he does and for whom.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to