General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jan-14 19:30:38
Print Post

Superfast North Yorkshire - Commercial cabs being left out

[link to this post]

I came across an interesting council document related to 3 cabinets in Skipton, in North Yorkshire.

It appears that across NY, there were 12 cabinets that were due to be left out of the commercial rollout, mainly due to excess power supply charges. Alternative solutions have sorted 7 of these, leaving 5 to be deferred indefinitely.

According to the council document, these 5 would remain out of the BDUK plans too, as they are located in areas declared viable - confirming that there is no flexibility to re-declare areas as unviable.

3 of the 5 are located in Skipton, within the remit of the Craven district council. The document I found was an item for an agenda requesting £90,000 to cover the additional funds for these 3 cabinets.

Link: http://m.cravendc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=7048&p=0

I've not found the other two cabinets, the council decision, or a link to appendix B (that includes the financial details).

£30k per cab for power. Must be a hefty transformer upgrade!

Edit: fix URL

Edited by WWWombat (Thu 16-Jan-14 01:28:38)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 20:01:42
Print Post

Re: Superfast North Yorkshire - Commercial cabs being left o

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

link doesn't work

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User GorillaWheels
(regular) Wed 15-Jan-14 20:52:02
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

https://www.cravendc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=704...

EE ADSL2+ 6.5 Mbps down / 0.92 Mbps up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jan-14 01:30:28
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Fixed, but the other one works too.
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jan-14 22:17:30
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
I came across an interesting council document related to 3 cabinets in Skipton, in North Yorkshire.

It appears that across NY, there were 12 cabinets that were due to be left out of the commercial rollout, mainly due to excess power supply charges. Alternative solutions have sorted 7 of these, leaving 5 to be deferred indefinitely.

According to the council document, these 5 would remain out of the BDUK plans too, as they are located in areas declared viable - confirming that there is no flexibility to re-declare areas as unviable.

3 of the 5 are located in Skipton, within the remit of the Craven district council. The document I found was an item for an agenda requesting £90,000 to cover the additional funds for these 3 cabinets.

Link: http://m.cravendc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=7048&p=0

I've not found the other two cabinets, the council decision, or a link to appendix B (that includes the financial details).

£30k per cab for power. Must be a hefty transformer upgrade!

Edit: fix URL

I am wondering If the cabinet I am connected to has this issue (not in Skipton but in North Yorkshire connected to the Crosshills exchange)

I am only thinking this as the cabinet was put up in November 2012, it was supposed to go live April 2013 but every time it gets put back current date is January 2014 but I expect another 3 month to be added on again. The other cabinet on the same road further away from the exchange has been enabled since November.

Also newer cabinets that have been put up have been put live with the one I am connected to being only one of three that I can tell have not been activated. The other two though have only been put up in the last couple of months.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 17-Jan-14 06:33:21
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

I don't think so if the cabinet has been stood since 2012. I would take a guess that the issue affecting your cabinet is a civils works issue, probably relating to duct blockage/replacement. There is possibly a restriction that is preventing the work commencing to get the fibre or power connected.
  Print Thread

Jump to