General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sjdean
(member) Sat 18-Jan-14 10:41:01
Print Post

Cabinet 13 CMSPR Update

[link to this post]

Well, sure enough, the copper wasn't connected because they simply couldn't be bothered getting the trunking across the road for five months. They turned up, diug a trench, put the trunking in and scarpered, Five months waiting for less than one days work.

Yes, I do feel that my comments were particularly vindicated and that we've waited here for waitings sake. Not because it's particularly difficult or tricky, but because, welll, for whatever reason, they just didn't want to do my cabinet yet. As I say, I don't fully understand it when other cabinets can be installed and acitvated in a shorter time frame after my cabinet was stood. Other cabinets have been installed and activated in two weeks and required seemingly more work.

Totally ridiculous planning on behalf of BT.

But fortunately now, after five months, work is finally progressing in this last quadrant of the exchange area.

Simon

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Jan-14 11:18:45
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 13 CMSPR Update

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

cmshel with cab 2 was the same

luckily it happened just before xmas after waiting several months

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 18-Jan-14 12:27:13
Print Post

[re: sjdean] [link to this post]

Don't necessarily blamed BT. The local authority can be a real pain.

We needed a pole replacing - a one or two hour task but would need traffic signals in place for the duration. The local authority demanded a formal application for review and approval and a minimum of 13 weeks notice. So, with getting everything sorted it was going to be over 4 months.

The pole replacement eventually took under an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sat 18-Jan-14 12:38:42
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I suspect Openreach are wound so tightly and with BDUK taking priority now, that problem cabs get put on the back burner as they have little capacity to deal with them promptly.
Standard User sjdean
(member) Sat 18-Jan-14 14:03:31
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thing is I can't even say this is a problem cabinet. They've had to find another route to it, but with less than a day to do the trunking for copper, it's really taken no longer on the ground than the rest of the cabs round here. It just has been put on the back burner.

Spoke to one of the people from CASS who are doing the fibre, he was lifting all the covers and checking everything out, said, activation expected in two weeks, but some problems by the bridge. So once again, five months on and they still don't know if they can actually through one crucial bit of trunking? Given the location of that, Im guessing it could be put back another couple of months....

CompuServe > PIPEX > Demon > BlueYonder > plusnet > Be*
  Print Thread

Jump to