General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 18:38:43
Print Post

BT are beyond a Joke

[link to this post]

6 months ago my friend who lives in a semi remote part of Cornwall was contacted by BT to advise him his area was now covered by FTTC,they asked would he be interested,he said he would and signed up for the 40/10 package and then waited, he called them several weeks later to get some idea of progress only to be told he was to far away from the cabinet for FTTC, but the good news was he could get FTTP,so he decided he would have that instead and ordered the 80/20 package.
From that date week in and week out he was given dates for the fibre install and all of them were missed until end of December they got around to getting the fibre to his home,a date for the engineer was fixed for a week later, he did not show up,more dates were arranged and missed,the latest being tomorrow 22nd Jan, he had a call today saying the appointment they made for tomorrow has not been made,this was down to yet another system glitch and he would have to wait another week,when he suggested he has had enough of BT and all their failed promises and no longer wanted to proceed, the caller then said if he did that he would still be liable for costs for the remainder of the contract,BT really do take the biscuit
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Jan-14 18:44:41
Print Post

Re: BT are beyond a Joke

[re: boranatty] [link to this post]

What exactly does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for the telephone number of the property?

If that says FTTP or FTTC is available, then I can try chasing some people if the person emails me andrew@thinkbroadband.com

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 18:51:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
What exactly does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for the telephone number of the property?

If that says FTTP or FTTC is available, then I can try chasing some people if the person emails me andrew@thinkbroadband.com

WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 8 -- 5.5 to 12.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 8 Up to 1 5.5 to 12.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available

You can chase Andrew, he has spent hours and hours getting through to the Folk in Glasgow dealing with this,who keep giving him dates for the engineer to do the final bit,but they just don't show up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Galoka
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:10:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by boranatty:
when he suggested he has had enough of BT and all their failed promises and no longer wanted to proceed, the caller then said if he did that he would still be liable for costs for the remainder of the contract,BT really do take the biscuit

Not if they fail to provide a service he won't be.

A number of failed apts is probably enough, but he could always write and say that if the service is not provide by 'x' dated (reasonable time - say 3 weeks) then he considers BT in breach of contract and doesn't want to continue.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:22:26
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

Turn it around and demand compensation for missed appointments.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:25:12
Print Post

Okay its proper FTTP then and that should need two visits

1. To put the fibre termination on the outside of the property
2. Another visit to install the fibre modem and a short piece of fibre into the home from the outside point

Has the first bit been done?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:31:07
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Given address if FTTP as the only faster than ADSL2+ option and lack of others selling FTTP to consumers then yes that would be my path too

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:32:03
Print Post

I am wondering if the current delays and missed appointment are because of remedial work needed to sort out the storm damage. ... and domestic appointments are being cut or missed because of other priorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User cornishman33
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 21:55:08
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I am the person having the problems.
Original order was made on September 2nd 2013
Fibre finally blown Jan 3rd
Delays blamed originally on "pole work required" which meant a pole replacement that took place in November.
1st engineers booking on 9th October 2013 (or near) was "missed" for obvious reasons.
2nd engineers visit 9th January "missed" excuse I got was that there was an oversight, they (openreach) assumed fibre still hadn't been blown, even though it was they that had already blown it!
3rd engineers visit on 22nd January (tomorrow) was cancelled this afternoon. Openreach called me and said that the appointment could not be kept as they had no knowledge of it.... Hmmmm so how did they know to call me to cancel it?
I spoke with Glasgow team and they managed to secure another appointment for next wednesday 29th. If that fails they can definitely lose my custom.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jan-14 21:56:28
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

That's pretty terrible by BT. You can sued BT for mess you around and waste your appointment time. Your 36 months contract for FTTP doesn't start until the FTTP is activated on the day of installation.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Tue 21-Jan-14 21:57:16)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to