General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tonycollinet
(learned) Thu 23-Jan-14 21:54:50
Print Post

Well this looks promising.

[link to this post]

Does anyone know typically how long after first work on installing a cabinet it is is likely to be available for orders. My cabinet is finally being upgraded 1.5 years after the rest of the village (About 3 to 4 cabinets have been left out)

http://fibre4us2.collinsho.me/wp-content/uploads/201...
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Jan-14 23:38:17
Print Post

Re: Well this looks promising.

[re: tonycollinet] [link to this post]

It will take approx one or two months for your FTTC become available after Cabinet had completed installed.

Good luck! Hope u are nearer to the cabinet.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Jan-14 00:52:02
Print Post

[re: tonycollinet] [link to this post]

My cab has been sat there, without power, since May last year frown

Was
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
53.34Mb/s - 1.65Mb/s - 29ms @ 24/05/2011
http://speedtest.net/result/1310626245.png

Now
Andrews & Arnold
2.91Mb/s - 0.89Mb/s - 18ms and getting worse frown
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2175310790.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Jan-14 01:02:46
Print Post

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pete_thomson:
My cab has been sat there, without power, since May last year frown

Blimey cor me, that nine months of waiting. U're better complaint to Liv Garfield.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Jan-14 06:56:15
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Complete rubbish as usual ADSLMAX! Stop giving out misinformation.

It could take weeks in extremely rare cases, months in most cases or years in some cases.

Standard User schander
(learned) Fri 24-Jan-14 08:22:33
Print Post

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

Hey there,
We have had the Infinity box installed and powered since April also.
The date on the checker says end of March this year, however they have change that soo many times I give no credence to it anymore.
Having said that we have had to directed (named) mailshots in the last month for BT Infinity from BT.

Satpal
Standard User Rastus
(committed) Fri 24-Jan-14 12:37:57
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Blimey cor me, that nine months of waiting. U're better complaint to Liv Garfield.

I think I've deciphered that - I don't she'll appreciate you encouraging others to pester her as you have done.

Perhaps you ought to use some of the obviously large amount of spare time you have to take lessons in English so that you can make yourself more easily understood.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 24-Jan-14 13:04:51
Print Post

[re: schander] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by schander:
We have had the Infinity box installed and powered since April also.
The date on the checker says end of March this year, however they have change that soo many times I give no credence to it anymore.
Having said that we have had to directed (named) mailshots in the last month for BT Infinity from BT.
tongue
Grrrrrr! smile

The only thing that could possibly be called an "Infinity box" is a BT (Retail) Home Hub. That Home Hub is supplied with a VDSL2 signal from an Openreach FTTC cabinet.

That cabinet also supplies the same VDSL2 service to the customers of any ISP in the country. The largest four being Sky, TalkTalk, EE and PlusNet.

Infinity broadband is a BT Retail product "only from BT". It seems you have swallowed the deliberately misleading advertising from BT Retail which tries to con people into thinking "superfast broadband" is only available from them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 24-Jan-14 13:07:26)

Standard User schander
(learned) Fri 24-Jan-14 13:26:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Apologies for using the wrong terminology. blush
To be correct we have a 'Huawei FTTC cab - 288 max' cabinet at the end of our road with power, since April 2013

Satpal
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 24-Jan-14 14:31:52
Print Post

[re: schander] [link to this post]

My post was a bit strong. Sorry. Just hit me on the wrong spot before breakfast tongue, and there are still a lot of people come to these forums thinking BT Infinity is the only FTTC service.

That spot is scar tissue smile. A couple of years ago I was on IDNet FTTC and trying to choose between Infinity and Plusnet Fibre to migrate to as I decided IDNet was too expensive to stay with after 12 months with them. I rang both about the migration process for FTTC to FTTC, as I hadn't seen anyone on here do it so concluded that all ISPs' automatic systems may not handle it yet.

The BT sales chap, and his supervisor, both English, (who he consulted twice before giving up and transferring me to him), treated me as though I was a complete idiot as it was impossible that I was on a fibre service that wasn't VM cable, unless I was already on Infinity "only from BT" - which they could see I wasn't.

This continued even after I told them I had an Openreach modem, the cabinet I was connected to, and so on.

Plusnet were equally taken aback at an FTTC >> FTTC migration request, as they had never had one before. (In their favour in that respect was they had only been selling it for less than a year, whereas BT had been selling Infinity for several as had many other ISPs). The difference was they understood and also came to an accommodation with me about the setup fee. They recorded that agreement somewhere and left me to decide. Next day I rang up and signed up as per the agreed terms, via a different rep as the original one was busy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to