General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Thu 30-Jan-14 13:27:56
Print Post

Greater Manchester bduk

[link to this post]

First off sorry if this is the wrong forum for this lol

Has anyone heard anything since transport for greater Manchester announce bt as the contract winner ??? TFGM have been very quiet no timescales websites for the project etc

I'm In a bb not spot (well 3.5mbsband upload is awful) and I'm counting on bduk to help me as bt classed our cabinet (Bolton cab 130 which serves 7 blocks of 36 apartments) as not commercially viable during its rollout

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith

If you want something done do it yourself
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Jan-14 14:56:50
Print Post

Re: Greater Manchester bduk

[re: Andycs149] [link to this post]

Unfortunately, this project seems to be the one where it is hardest to find any information at all. If you went by the website, TfGM don't even know they are responsible for their BDUK programme!

I found that the best bet for Manchester was to go looking at each individual council, and find out what has been going on in council meetings - google is very useful, using terms of broadband, BDUK, "minutes" and the council's name. If you don't get something for your own council, try one of the other 8.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-Jan-14 15:07:41
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

We know how they classified postcodes, as that was released and I made it searchable at http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/manchester/

The contract was signed in December, so usually 4 to 6 months for initial planning and then get the first areas announced.

So first live areas September onwards I would expect

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-Jan-14 17:17:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I must have missed those maps of NGA-white areas in the announcement; the detailed ones are *very* readable.
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Fri 31-Jan-14 11:46:47
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info guys

I'm down as grey for normal broadband and white for next gen. Fingers crossed my area with get something, if not roll on three uk's 4G service.

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith

If you want something done do it yourself
  Print Thread

Jump to