General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 31-Jan-14 18:56:34
Print Post

Hampshire BDUK rollout

[link to this post]

The big map at http://documents.hants.gov.uk/broadband/2014-01-29Bi... has been updated with jan to june and june to dec 2014 rollout and then 2015 rollout

Interestingly they seem to looking at EO lines too - i could be wrong in 2015

My Blog .......... here (still in dev mode)
Me twittering go add
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Fri 31-Jan-14 19:35:30
Print Post

Re: Hampshire BDUK rollout

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

I want to know why they are using these grainy old maps!

Derbyshire is similar

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-Jan-14 19:44:42
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

How much funding do you want each BDUK project to put too mapping, most have very small teams and all plans are subject to survery, the more basic the map the easier it is to update and change it.

Orange BB 5856/448

Edited by ccxo (Fri 31-Jan-14 19:45:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HangTime
(member) Sat 01-Feb-14 22:07:45
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Thanks for this.

One thing I find a bit concerning is BTOR have deemed my cabinet not commercially viable to upgrade, yet when I contacted my local councillor to see if was eligible for public funding, his investigation indicated that Hampshire BDUK had thought it was part of the commercial rollout. So basically the way things stand it will receive neither commercial nor public funding frown
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Feb-14 12:49:20
Print Post

[re: HangTime] [link to this post]

This does appear to happen. If OR thought the cabinet was commercially-viable at first, it would cause the area to be marked grey in the county plans.

If it turns out to be unviable after all, perhaps due to power problems, it seems that it doesn't change status within the county's BDUK plans. See, for example, this report from Craven council within the North Yorkshire BDUK rollout, for a case of 3 cabinets that did this. There, the council obviously took steps to cope with the situation.

Another possibility is that various councils are now vying for an allocation from the second tranche of BDUK funds. This seems to be causing new OMR processes, which should catch cabinets like this, and get them re-included in the plans.
  Print Thread

Jump to