General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FTMDan
(newbie) Wed 05-Feb-14 17:22:59
Print Post

FTTC speeds

[link to this post]

So I'm currently on TalkTalk Medium fibre package and I get 37Mb down and 1.85 Up. They recently said that the Fibre Large is available at my address, which is up to 76Mb down and 20Mb up, but I was wondering if there was any way of telling whether I'd actually get anywhere near that speed?

My exchange is the NEPTE exchange and I'm connected to cabinet P19.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 05-Feb-14 17:32:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC speeds

[re: FTMDan] [link to this post]

The BT Wholesale checker will give an estimate which usually turns out to be correct http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addres...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User FTMDan
(newbie) Wed 05-Feb-14 17:37:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yeah, this is what I get:

http://i.imgur.com/ab2X6YU.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Feb-14 17:59:55
Print Post

So it looks like there is only a slim improvement to be had. Stick with what you have already, would be my advice.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:30:45
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Going to a 40/10 product (which TalkTalk don't sell) could give you a good upload boost, so ideal if upload is what you need.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:31:13
Print Post

As Zarjaz says, unless the far higher upload is something you would like. Yours is limited to a 2Mbps connection speed but the Fibre Large should allow round about the estimate.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User FTMDan
(newbie) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:37:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yeah the extra upload would be ideal. Would mean that looking at the estimator we could be looking at something around 48 down/9 up compared to the current 37 down/1.8ish up.

Only reason I asked is because initially TT 'estimated' that we'd get 24.8 down on the Fibre Medium and then it got installed and we actually get 37.5.
  Print Thread

Jump to