A version 2.0 revision to the HG612 Modem Stats package has now been released.
It is available here:-
Click the Blue Download Now! button & choose one of the Download Mirrors.
It is still currently aimed only at VDSL2/FTTC connections for Microsoft Windows users, using a Huawei HG612 modem.
Support for the HG622 has temporarily been withdrawn, but is likely to be reinstated in a future minor update.
The package has been fully tested on XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8/8.1 systems.
What´s New in version 2.0:
• The programs now work with both HG612s using October 2013´s updated firmware & HG612s where firmware updates have either not taken place or have been blocked.
• Issues with Windows 8 scheduled tasks stopping after a few hours/days *appear* to have been resolved.
• More efficient program operation.The programs no longer wait until a called program completes, freeing up CPU & memory resources.
• The HG612´s firmware version is now reported in Plink logs (Current_Stats folder) & xlogfile.txt (Ongoing_Stats folder).
• HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe now displays various stats.
• HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display a slide show of various graphs/montages.
• HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe can now display ThinkBroadband´s Ping graphs.
• Extensive event logging can now be switched off via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe. Very basic event logging is recorded & only genuine errors are recorded in the various error/event log files when extensive logging is switched off. This dramatically reduces the size of the various log files.
• HG612_stats.ini file delay settings are now ignored for Vista upward, the delay setting now delaying the start of the scheduled task task rather than a pause in the program. The existing task needs to be deleted & re-created via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe to effect this change.
• INP graph is now included in Ongoing stats FULL_MONTY montage.
• Numerous other tweaks and bug fixes that we can´t remember
New users should simply extract the contents of the zip file to Drive C:, ensuring "Expand Folders" or similar setting is selected for a default setup.
Existing users of version 1.1 should extract all the files & subfolders to the relevant existing folders to ensure the slightly different operation of the package is picked up.
Once all the files are in place, existing users should delete the original [size=14pt]HG612 Stats Program[/size] task & create a new one via the Settings GUI.
By default, Current (snapshot) data will be harvested & plotted every 8 hours, starting at 06:00 & Ongoing data will be harvested every minute, being plotted at 06:00 each day.
These settings can be easily adjusted or logging and/or automated graphing turned off via the Settings GUI.
Edited by Bald_Eagle1 (Thu 06-Feb-14 08:39:49)