General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jabuzzard
(newbie) Sun 09-Feb-14 11:57:28
Print Post

Where and When site

[link to this post]

How up to date do BT keep their where and when web site? The reason I ask is that my exchange (Tayport) recently was announced as being upgraded by June this year. There is no sign of any activity on the ground at the moment though, well last weekend when I checked.

However visiting my sister at the weekend who is on the Stocksfield exchange I noticed that BT are doing work, and at least two cabinets are in the process of having their fibre twins installed. Thing is when you check on the where and when website it still says calender year 2014 for the the Stocksfield exchange.

Just seems a bit odd that work for one exchange can actually have started cabinet work and they have no idea when in the next 11 months the exchange is going live, where on another exchange with no cabinet work started they have a date.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Feb-14 13:16:19
Print Post

Re: Where and When site

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

I tell you what my exchange went Live last March 2013 on this site when & where, it took 11 months before my area get fibre available now this month.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Sun 09-Feb-14 13:17:03)

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sun 09-Feb-14 17:52:28
Print Post

Its not a didinitive upto date source, especially with BDUK areas where OR are keen to get working as soon as possible, often before any official announcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Feb-14 21:02:38
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Can we get that in English please?

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 24272 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 14.5 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 0.3 dB 11.8 dB
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Sun 09-Feb-14 21:22:12
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

There's still cabs in my area that are due to be done this year and the exchange started accepting orders in Feb 2012, so think yourself lucky.
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 10-Feb-14 13:18:35
Print Post

The local BDUK project tells me my exchange an cabinet are in scope, with survey work commencing in April, and should be orderable by late summer.

The W&W site show no current plans, as does BT's spreadsheet here: https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Library/Net...

Strange that some in the spreadsheet are pencilled in for the 2015 calendar year, but a 2014 exchange isn't pencilled in at all!

AP

ZeN Office
Draytek Vigor 2710n
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Feb-14 14:25:22
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

For the gap funded cabinets it is normal for nothing to appear in the Openreach system until cab has actually been enabled.

BT Wholesale should have the same data as Sky and TalkTalk.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Tue 11-Feb-14 13:30:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The funny thing is that areas bordering us, under the Oxfordshire BDUK scheme, are showing as "Under Evaluation". Another weird BT data mess smile

ZeN Office
Draytek Vigor 2710n
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Tue 11-Feb-14 14:36:06
Print Post

Jabuzzard

They update the excel spreadsheet for available exchnages nearly every week on a Tues or Weds.Occasionally there are two updates a week if they want a special announcement ( usually the first exchange(s) in a BDUK grant area).

The coming soon and under evaluation appear to get updated in blocks much less frequently, I suspect when they start planning the next 3 months work, with the BDUK sites these somethime move straight to available on small (easy to do) exchanges.

Sometimes, Christmas & Summer, they miss a week I suspect the person responsible is on holiday that week!

The Twitter feed is not as accurate and sometimes misses groups completely.

Some of the BDUK sites can beat the Openreach site to announcing an exchange, I think this is due to the control the Councils have on announcements, I have found this happens often on the Wales site where the Welsh assembly appears to hold complete control on where the rollout occurs, but occurs elsewhere as well.

The smaller exchanges can get done really fast once the surveys are done if they don't hit duct problems. Start to finish has been done in less than 6 weeks ( Markings on pavement to live) depending on power sources.

Look out for markings by your cabinet!
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Tue 11-Feb-14 15:42:24
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Which spreadsheet is this? The one I've seen gets updated once a month, if that.

The one I know about is here: https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Library/Net...

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Office
Draytek Vigor 2710n

Edited by AndyPandy (Tue 11-Feb-14 16:06:31)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to