General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:24:39
Print Post

When will I get FTTC, and where is my Cabinet?

[link to this post]

It's been a couple of years the BT Infinity site has said we can get it, yet it just goes up by a couple (3-6) months every time it comes round to that date. I understand it's an estimate, but 2+ years is a long time.

fttc-check Results (The BT site says Im on cabinet 8, although that seems incorrect as it says there are plans for FTTC, so I think I'm on cab P28.)
dslchecker Results

I'm also having issues finding my cabinets location. In the middle of our road (where my house is located) is an estimated 28mbps max. Further down the road it goes lower, and further up seems to stay at 28. I can't find ANY cabinet that will be in range or is labelled P8 or P28. The closest 'green box' (it's next to a phone mast, so I'm not sure if it's anything to do with that rather than broadband) is down the road, although there's no number on either of the two.

If anyone could help with what the current state is, estimated time or where it is, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks.
-Karl

Edited by thebigdolphin1 (Tue 11-Feb-14 17:25:23)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:28:33
Print Post

Re: When will I get FTTC, and where is my Cabinet?

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

The DSL checker will tell you which cabinet you are on www.dslchecker.bt.com

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:30:28
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Cabinet P8, however P8 has no planned fibre installations according to the Bt Infinity checker (on the main site).

Not sure if im misunderstanding something here.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:33:11
Print Post

How are you searching i.e.

Telephone Number
Postcode
Full Address

Only telephone and full address are to be trusted, particularly as your postcode is split across two cabinets

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:34:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm using Full Address as I'm not on a BT Line at the moment, I'm with TalkTalk.
(With the dslchecker.bt.com, the other site only supports postcodes)

Edited by thebigdolphin1 (Tue 11-Feb-14 17:34:56)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:37:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
Cabinet P8, however P8 has no planned fibre installations according to the Bt Infinity checker (on the main site).

Not sure if im misunderstanding something here.
The dslchecker says that FTTC will be available by March 31.

It also says "FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us."

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:39:47
Print Post

And has been like that for a while frown
I was also wondering if there was any way to find my cabinets location, since I cant find any labelled one nearby my house.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:42:19
Print Post

What makes you think you're not connected to Cab 8?

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:46:52
Print Post

One like this? http://goo.gl/maps/LFjKE

(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-14 17:50:34
Print Post

The fact that the main BT site says I should be getting fibre shortly, and that http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=S104LD shows only P28 is in a phase. As well as that, theres a cabinet like 250-ish meters down (then up) the road from my house labelled '25', so 8 seems further away.

I'm also not sure on how old the dates are from this websites phase statistics (2011?), so any help on checking how long this is going to take until its all up and running or what state my current cab (P8?) is in would be appreciated.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to