General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User michael_scott
(newbie) Thu 20-Feb-14 14:56:39
Print Post

FTTC VDSL and long lines

[link to this post]

Hello,
As soon as BT started giving dsl availabilty by address in November 2013 I decided that what they quoted was worth ordering. On the 03-december-2013 I had a home visit and the BT Openreach engineer fitted a new VDSL MK2 master-socket faceplate,a Huawei Echolife HG612 3B modem and after checking that things were working went off to activate my Fibe.
The engineer rang me from the cabinet and said there's a fault on the line and this would have to be rectified,and this would be done in due course. Although my broadband had gone down from 6 Mbps to 5 Mbps I thought "Oh well,everything comes to those that wait".
Two months,to the day,on 03-feb-2014,the fault was rectified by two hard-working local BT engineers.
DURING THIS TWO MONTHS I LOST ALL BROADBAND FROM JANUARY 2014.(Good old mobile dongles though).
When I changed from TalkTalk,because of their very poor customer service,and changed to Primus Saver,they arranged for a Kelly engineer to sort out the remaing situation. A change of modem to an ECI Type 1B increased my downstream from 4 Mbps to 7 Mbps.
I bought a BT Home Hub 5 (A) and overnight the software updated:I knew because the logon time went down. (s/w 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 type A).
The big benefit to me is the information it gives on login to TROUBLE SHOOTING HELPDESK on the bthub.home .This now tells me what is happening,at last.
Now I can get NETFLIX Super HD with 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus surround sound.(Previously only by Blu-ray).
  Print Thread

Jump to