General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 21:34:44
Print Post

FTTP

[link to this post]

Spoke to some BT guy the other day working just outside my house and he said my road is getting FTTP, i find this really strange though as the last guy i spoke too about a month ago said i wasn't getting fibre on my road, i even emailed BT and they said no, is there anyway to check online, he said i should have it by the end of march, i find this further strange though as most of my town has FTTC?.

Edited by tomxlisa (Fri 07-Mar-14 21:35:27)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Mar-14 21:54:55
Print Post

Re: FTTP

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

It is not impossible just probability makes it unlikely

What sort of work were they doing in the street? If black tubing with a yellow stripe and no sign of a fibre cab then it might be FTTP

In terms of spotting kit http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre-milton-keynes/ has a raft of FTTP kit

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User billford
(elder) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:01:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If FTTC is around, could the BT guy have been referring to FTTPoD?

If I put my phone number into this site it says FTTPoD at 330/30 is available.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6

Edited by billford (Fri 07-Mar-14 22:05:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:02:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There is a cabinet round the corner which says (Fibre is here on it) it isn't really the fact he said i am getting FTTP which bothers me, any kind of fibre would be good, but i asked the other BT guys and they said no my road isn't being done and even the email said it, but i said to them about my road and they was like yep we are doing your cabinet now as i told them my cabinet number, and they was like its even gonna be FTTP too so your get over 300Mb speeds, maybe they was pulling my leg.
Standard User partial
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:03:52
Print Post

This is a big firm. if you speak to a guy fitting modems in peoples houses and a guy fitting fibre tubes in the street, you are highly likely to different answers. The guy who really knows is a planner that is probably a hundred miles away from both of them.

Edited by partial (Fri 07-Mar-14 22:04:28)

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:04:14
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Doesn't say anything on that for my phone number.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:06:24
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Well the BT guys that i asked was both on the street doing the same job, just the other guys said no i am not getting it and these guys said yep i am getting it and it is FTTP which i am getting, they was like the other guys broke summat so we are here to fix it, then they was like we cant fix it so gonna get someone else out now, so god knows what is happening or even if its the truth that i am getting fibre on my road, hope so as every other road around me has fibre.
Standard User partial
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:10:38
Print Post

The fact that two blokes fitting fibre tubes in the street at the same time gave you two different answers demonstrates my point. The guys will have a job pack that tells them to pull a tube from A to B. It won't mention anything about why! The guys with the big picture are a long way away.

Edited by partial (Fri 07-Mar-14 22:12:23)

Standard User billford
(elder) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:11:27
Print Post

If it's coming, but not yet completely installed, then it won't show as available until it is… I was trying to indicate that they may have been referring to FTTPoD rather than "proper" FTTP.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 07-Mar-14 22:11:47
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Strange why they would tell me my road is getting fibre then, maybe they was pulling my leg, but i told them my cabinet number and they was like yeah we are sorting that cabinet out now.

Edited by tomxlisa (Fri 07-Mar-14 22:11:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to