General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ansam
(newbie) Thu 13-Mar-14 11:46:05
Print Post

Fibre Cabinet Done

[link to this post]

Hello,

Do cabinet was put in just before Xmas 2013 and over the last few months there has been some work from various contractors etc at the cabinet. They have now re-tarred the payment (not just filled it) and everything is all neat again (they have left their little fencing stacked beside the cabinet).

So I assume with the pavement having been re-tarred and everything round the cabinet as well that all the ground work is completed (although I didn't notice them putting the fibre in!)? if so whats next?

-Sam
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Mar-14 11:54:27
Print Post

Re: Fibre Cabinet Done

[re: ansam] [link to this post]

Can be 100% neat and tidy and still not have the fibre or copper pairs connected.

Have you had a contractor/BT sat on a stool at either cabinet connecting up the copper pairs yet?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ansam
(newbie) Thu 13-Mar-14 12:01:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Can be 100% neat and tidy and still not have the fibre or copper pairs connected.

Have you had a contractor/BT sat on a stool at either cabinet connecting up the copper pairs yet?

I can't answer yes to that specifically but during the works there have been OpenReach engineers sat both cabinets (the old and the new) at different times. Surely with the ground so neat now that the civil works have been completed and fibre is run, its just the other bits and bobs (connecting copper pairs) now.

Thanks
Sam

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Mar-14 12:18:53
Print Post

It might be, it might not.

The cabinet might be all ready to go, but a blocked duct on the way back to the exchange is still waiting to be cleared. Many things may be holding back the go live date.

So its the old keep an eye on the BT wholesale checker

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 13-Mar-14 21:48:09
Print Post

Even if it's all neat and tidy they can always come back and dig it all up again. It happened at a cab near me, it was all dug up 3 times over a period of 6 months including once after it had gone live.
Standard User ansam
(newbie) Thu 13-Mar-14 23:51:17
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
Even if it's all neat and tidy they can always come back and dig it all up again. It happened at a cab near me, it was all dug up 3 times over a period of 6 months including once after it had gone live.

Hello,

Yes I suppose, seems a waste of money though. There is certainly no noise coming from the cabinet anyway.

Regards
Sam
Standard User ansam
(newbie) Fri 14-Mar-14 10:37:14
Print Post

Hello,

Oh the things that I get excited about lol! I seen a contractor in a van at the cabinet but all he did was takeaway the plastic fencing!

Regards,
Sam
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Mar-14 11:17:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by ansam:
Hello,

Do cabinet was put in just before Xmas 2013 and over the last few months there has been some work from various contractors etc at the cabinet. They have now re-tarred the payment (not just filled it) and everything is all neat again (they have left their little fencing stacked beside the cabinet).

So I assume with the pavement having been re-tarred and everything round the cabinet as well that all the ground work is completed (although I didn't notice them putting the fibre in!)? if so whats next?

-Sam

My cabinet was "re-tarred" all the back in January 2013..... still no fibre and nothing on roadworks.org to say that there is any work due in the near future. Loving me 2meg 0,3 down haha! The cabinet further up the road further away from the exchange has been accepting orders for 6 months now.
Standard User ansam
(newbie) Sun 16-Mar-14 23:28:39
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

Hmm that's worrying. I noticed the had dug across the road from the cabinet not sure what for though. I just hope the fibre is in but I missed it. Again though no noise coming from it.
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Mar-14 21:39:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by ansam:
Hmm that's worrying. I noticed the had dug across the road from the cabinet not sure what for though. I just hope the fibre is in but I missed it. Again though no noise coming from it.

There is no noise from mine so I am guessing there is an issue getting power to the cabinet that is all I can think of anyway.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to