General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Mar-14 23:03:49
Print Post

How to create your own FTTC/FTTP notification pagewatcher.

[link to this post]

I've known for sometime now how to automate the checking of a phone number on the BT Wholesale checker as someone posted a link on here a long time ago (I can't remember who), but now thebigdolphin1 has also posted the URL for checking an address. ADSLMax also found a good page watcher service so I thought I post all the info in one place for easy reference. I've also adjusted the address URL to work with flats or building names instead of a number.

Simply copy the URL link and edit it as required.

Telephone number URL. Change 01234567890 to the phone number you wish to monitor.

Address with house number URL. Change POSTCODE to your postcode (no space) and HOUSE NUMBER to the house number.

Address with building name, for example a flat. Change POSTCODE to your postcode (no space) and BUILDING NAME to the house name, EG Flat1. If you need spaces in the building name try replacing them with %20

To create a page watcher use the this service suggested by ADSLMax

Every time the results page changes when checked by the page watcher service you'll get an email.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 13-Mar-14 23:06:00)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Mar-14 01:40:24
Print Post

Re: How to create your own FTTC/FTTP notification pagewatche

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Yep these are useful for customers who are waiting for FTTC to become live & available.

Edited by adslmax (Fri 14-Mar-14 01:41:47)

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Mar-14 10:11:21
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Also useful for those that like to keep track of when BT changes their estimated speeds.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User olicuk
(learned) Mon 14-Dec-15 14:21:01
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I've noticed that in order to get "full functionality" from the link, it's also necessary to correctly set the latest version (currently 41, not 29).

ie/
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&postcode=POSTCODE&buildingnumber=HOUSENUMBER&VERSION=41&MS=E&CAP=yes&AEA=N

rather than:
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&postcode=POSTCODE&buildingnumber=HOUSENUMBER&VERSION=29&MS=E&CAP=yes&AEA=N

In particular now the current line-cards in my local FTTC cabinet are full, with the latest version I continue to get FTTC speed estimates shown, and the Availability Status of "Waiting List"; but with the old version number in the URL, the FTTC lines vanish from the output altogether!

Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Mon 16-Oct-17 15:18:20
Print Post

[re: olicuk] [link to this post]

Anyone know how to get this working now?

Seems the above links aren't working anymore...
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Oct-17 18:31:59
Print Post

[re: hippyharry] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hippyharry:
Anyone know how to get this working now?

Seems the above links aren't working anymore...

BT Wholesale updated their code to reduce this, I know they use to ban my IP after I used to check 50K lines over a couple of days LOL.

But if you are checking just the one line every hour you "should" be fine, but be aware BT Wholesale state you are not allowed to use macros or any automation scripts when using their resources (i.e. checker)

3. Use of the Site

This Site is a user interface; it is not designed for managing automated process such as macros and robots that input volume transactions over short periods of time. If you have a requirement to transact with BT Wholesale in this way, please contact your Account Manager.

If BT becomes aware that you are using the Site in this way, BT may suspend or block access to the Site or any area of the Site without notice.

And before you ask, no you cannot get an account with them to do bulk checks, I have already tried LOL.
I almost got one until the realised I wasn't an ISP LOL

But if you are wondering how to do it now days, then you will need to have your code / script do multiple web queries to get the information you require.

Basically you will have your script act like a browser and do all the queries correctly or BTW will block your request and possibly end up blocking your IP.

And if you keep changing your IP and continue to run the script you run the risk of being contacted by your ISP due to them being moaned at by BT Wholesale.

This happened to me a couple of times about a year ago.

But yeah its still doable, I can if I wanted to write a Windows Desktop App, or a script on Linux to do all the requests every hour, its the same with getting all the information from BTOR's Where and When Page, its not that hard to do if you know what your doing.

This is a video of one of my old scripts accessing the Where and When Page and it still worked the last time I checked.

Openreach Checker Application (for demonstration purposes only)

Also don't ask for the code, I have been told not to give it out, sorry.

Basically if a web browser can do it then so can a script, if you know what you are doing that is.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
  Print Thread

Jump to