General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Mar-15 13:53:14
Print Post

Re: Openreach contact details for FTTC Info?

[re: paulyonder] [link to this post]

It looks like cab 9's area overlaps a few other cabs (some with FTTC, some without), and some of the EO lines too. It doesn't look to be a very large area compared to others, and the number of shops probably doesn't help.

A few of the live cabs are sized around 200 lines - which is fairly low for the commercial rollout - and the smallest (live) ones are 130 and 150 lines.

Updates haven't stopped entirely: Cabs 53 and 67 have gone live in the last year, and cabs 10, 29 and 40 are due to go live later this year.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Wed 18-Mar-15 14:03:58
Print Post

[re: paulyonder] [link to this post]

Seems that addresses on cabinets 9, 17, 24, 28, 34, 42, 50, 51, 61, 62, 63, 66, 74, 75, 76, 77, 83 are not down for fibre.
And seems cabinets 10, 29, 40 are due for FTTC March and September this year, however the remaining 58 odd cabinets have been upgraded already.
Not too sure when or if this will change in the future, its just the matter of just waiting and hoping like me tongue

I am located in east London and I am unable to get fibre as well even though several doors from me has FTTP and has done since Oct - Dec 2011, and there seems to be a fibre node not that far from me about 200m from me, so it would be easy for them to hook us up there, maybe they will later on, who knows.

So yeah it can be frustrating.

Paul
Standard User dennis76davies
(newbie) Wed 18-Mar-15 14:11:22
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi Paul,

Please can you check Shrewsbury CAB 93 its a BDUK project according to some older posts in another thread and should be getting FTTP, it appears complete on the street now but no sticker and not available on checkers

Thanks

Lee

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:15:21
Print Post

[re: dennis76davies] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dennis76davies:
Hi Paul,

Please can you check Shrewsbury CAB 93 its a BDUK project according to some older posts in another thread and should be getting FTTP, it appears complete on the street now but no sticker and not available on checkers

Thanks

Lee
I couldn't find that much, seems its down for FTTP but these things can change and has done in the past.
I did some checks and have the following:
Exchange Name: Shrewsbury
Exchange Code: WNSY

Cabinet: 93
Fibre Phase: Phase BDUK Shropshire 12a
Fibre Information: FTTP Planned (exchange ready 9th May 2014)
Result Count: 117

[SY3 8DS]
Has 6 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 1.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 4.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 5.0 (downstream range)

[SY3 8DU]
Has 8 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 3.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.0 to 5.5 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 5.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 3.0 to 7.5 (downstream range)

[SY3 8GB]
Has 26 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.5 to 4.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 4.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.5 to 6.5 (downstream range)

[SY3 8GD]
Has 23 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.5 to 4.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 4.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.5 to 6.5 (downstream range)

[SY3 8GE]
Has 16 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.5 to 6.5 (downstream range)

[SY3 8GF]
Has 10 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.5 to 6.5 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.5 to 6.5 (downstream range)

[SY3 8GG]
Has 19 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 2.0 to 6.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 4.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 3.0 to 7.0 (downstream range)

[SY3 8UQ]
Has 9 result(s) connected to Cabinet 93 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
I have probably missed out some postcodes due to the place I get the info from seems to have some holes.
Seems that several cabinets are down for 2015, sadly no for cabinet 93 apart from the above.

Sorry I couldn't help any more.

I say just give it some more time.

Paul
(newbie) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:19:44
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for your efforts Paul
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:38:57
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

If this is Whitchurch in Hampshire, all EO lines went live last week for FTTP.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:40:47
Print Post

FTTC , give it a couple of months possibly. New cabinet should be in place

Edited by Ribble (Wed 18-Mar-15 15:41:35)

Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:44:06
Print Post

It's showing as FTTC now for Cab 93 under BDUK Shropshire 13b - estimated Sep 2015.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:51:51
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Yes, this is Whitchurch in Hampshire. I am not on an EO line. My FTTP install was completed a couple of weeks ago, 9 months after my initial order.

Thanks for the info on the EO lines. It is good news for the folks who are on them.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
(newbie) Wed 18-Mar-15 16:15:08
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Thanks Andy
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to