General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Fri 03-Apr-15 20:29:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach contact details for FTTC Info?

[re: warrenj] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by warrenj:
Any idea about cabinet 19 shirebrook exchange? Thanks.
I did a quick check sadly I couldn't see any info for fibre for that cabinet shown bellow:
Exchange Name: Shirebrook
Exchange Code: EMSHIRE
Exchange Fibre: FTTC & FOD 1st January 2011
County: Derbyshire

Cabinet: 19
Fibre Phase: Not Available
Fibre Information: Not Available
Result Count: Test Skipped

*** Speed Tests Skipped ***

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Sorry, others may have more information.

paul
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Fri 03-Apr-15 21:05:08
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

FTTC under BDUK Notts Phase 14b - due some point between Oct and Mar.
Standard User DaveHaynesWE
(newbie) Sun 19-Apr-15 15:36:31
Print Post

Could you check Wilstead Cabinet 6 again please? Post code MK45 3QU. Bedford council now say that the cabinet is enabled and he Where and When checker says "
Your serving cabinet is enabled for fibre broadband however, from your postcode or the number you've entered, it seems you can't order it just yet. We are looking at ways to bring you fibre ASAP. Please keep checking back as we update our info regularly. ".

When I try any of the addresses in my road I get the same thing - unless I choose the road name when I get "accepting orders".

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FredTheB
(member) Sun 19-Apr-15 16:16:38
Print Post

[re: DaveHaynesWE] [link to this post]

If you put your full address or telephone number on the Bt Wholesale checker, it should say of FTTC is available. It would show what speeds are available to you too. Sometimes under the table it would give you details of the fibre in your area, saying if its delayed or reasons why its not available to your home.

Checker: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sun 19-Apr-15 21:34:28
Print Post

[re: paulyonder] [link to this post]

paul the expression of interest will not change anything -- if that cab is not part of commercial or bDUK there is the opportunity to gap fund it -- see openreach FAQs not on a plan
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 20-Apr-15 02:47:35
Print Post

Well I have just done a very quick check for your postcode and cabinet and have the following:
Exchange Name: Wilstead
Exchange Code: SMWLS

Cabinet: 6
Fibre Phase: BDUK Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes 13a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 14th October 2011)
Result Count: 22

[MK45 3QU]
Has 1 result(s) connected to Cabinet 6 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 69.4 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 60.7 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)

Has 21 result(s) connected to Cabinet 6 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 1.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 3.5 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 3.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.5 to 4.0 (downstream range)

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Seems that 1 address has FTTC so I say that they may be starting to bridge the lines between the two cabinets.

And if your wondering who with that postcode has FTTC:
Checking Address Info: |ARKLE LODGE||WEST END|HAYNES|BEDFORD|MK45 3QU|SM|A00001002542| <- Click Link
Range A (Live:P6): 69.4 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B (Live:P6): 60.7 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: Available
So I say keep checking the BTOR Where and when page along with the DSL Checker, it shouldn't bee long.

I can check all addresses on that cabinet if need be to see how many addresses have FTTC.

*** Update 1 ***
I will PM you this list due to it may be rather long.

*** Update 2 ***
Ok, I have the full information of how many on that cabinet has FTTC and ADSLx:
Exchange Name: Wilstead
Exchange Code: SMWLS

Cabinet: 6
Fibre Phase: BDUK Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes 13a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 14th October 2011)
Result Count: 384 (FTTC)
Result Count: 84 (ADSLx)

*** Test Results Removed ***

Looking at this figure there should be room left in that cabinet for the remaining 84 addresses with only ADSLx, so I think its just time.

Anyhow I will PM you with the full list.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 20-Apr-15 03:59:44)

Standard User DaveHaynesWE
(newbie) Mon 20-Apr-15 20:09:38
Print Post

Many thanks Paul.

I hadn't realised that the cab was actually in the "big city" of Wilstead rather than just outside Haynes West End itself.

We're about 3.5km away. I hope the problem isn't that only that one address is just "in range" and we'll have to wait for some new range extending technology.

Dave
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 20-Apr-15 22:51:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by DaveHaynesWE:
We're about 3.5km away. I hope the problem isn't that only that one address is just "in range" and we'll have to wait for some new range extending technology.

Dave
I shouldn't think so going by the speed of the 1 address with your postcode that gets FTTC.
Checking Address Info: |ARKLE LODGE||WEST END|HAYNES|BEDFORD|MK45 3QU|SM|A00001002542| <- Click Link
Range A (Live:P6): 69.4 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B (Live:P6): 60.7 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: Available
Unless its like farms and there is a long distance between addresses.
I say they may still be enabling addresses, so waiting may be the best bet, oh and crossing your fingers smile
Standard User skillster
(newbie) Tue 21-Apr-15 00:10:47
Print Post

Hello. I'm hoping I've stumbled across somewhere that might be able to help unscramble my brain about fibre availability.

We are on the Stonyhurst exchange, at postcode BB7 3LN. It looks like the exchange has FTTC but no-one seems able to offer it. I don't know which cabinet we are connected too. From what I can see on the rather unclear lancashire BDUK map, the Stonyhurst exchange isn't included. We live about 5 miles out of the village in a very small hamlet (5 houses) with a few surrounding farms; the current normal broadband speed is awful and I fear we are going to be left even further behind the rest of the broadband world; can anyone help shed some light?

Thanks.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Apr-15 11:26:11
Print Post

[re: skillster] [link to this post]

From what I can see, FTTC is available on cab 2 (Hurst Green), and is planned for cab 1 (Stonyhurst). Cab 3 (North of Stonyhurst) doesn't look to be included.

Your postcode only seems to be served by EO (exchange only) lines, which means you aren't connected via a cabinet. You can probably confirm this by checking here:
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addres...

Put just the postcode into that page, submit, and pick one of the addresses. The top line reports the exchange you are connected to - and any cabinet if there is one.

Without a cabinet, FTTC isn't possible. Some villages have an extra cabinet built to convert EO lines into cab-based ones, but that isn't likely to help you out with such a long line. I don't think there are enough EO lines there to make it worthwhile anyway.

Anything might happen to give you decent supply in the future, but my gut feeling here is that you would find it worthwhile investigating other solutions: bonding two lines together, wireless, or satellite.
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to