General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Jun-14 12:46:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach contact details for FTTC Info?

[re: Boothy666] [link to this post]

What it says to me is that this is probably a newish postcode and thus the houses have not been considered in the plans yet.

You need to chase the people running the project to ensure you are not missed out and included in the reviews.

South Yorkshire has a project just getting going
http://sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/wp-content/uploads...

Previously was the remit of Digital Region but that has now gone obviously.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Boothy666
(newbie) Fri 27-Jun-14 13:30:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As far as I know, the post code was allocated new last year. Lots of issues with deliveries in the first months wink

Although the postcode is an 'S' we are not actually part of Sheffield, or South Yorkshire. This is Chesterfield, so in Derbyshire. A quick look at the document you linked to and the map showing it's coverage, doesn't reach us here down here.

I've done some digging on the local council site, (Chesterfield) and that mentions a 'Digital Derbyshire' organisation, which I'm assuming is the equvilant of the Sheffield one you linked to. Here http://www.digitalderbyshire.org.uk/

Unfortunately I'm at work, and for some reason the site is blocked (white list policy here), so I'll have to wait till I get home tonight before I can have a look.

Cheers
Standard User JC68
(newbie) Tue 08-Jul-14 22:25:25
Print Post

[re: Boothy666] [link to this post]

Mr Saffron,

Do you have any info on what is going on in Caldy?

Exchange - Caldy / LV-CAL
Cabinet - 3
CH48 8BU

About 10 new cabinets went in (including cab 3) in December. A couple of extra ones went in a couple of months ago. There is no sign at all of the system actually going live.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 06:53:20
Print Post

[re: JC68] [link to this post]

Well as far as I can see 30 September 2014
Check for yourself:
http://fttc-check.alc.im/search/CH488BU and https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
Says the following for houses 1 to 4 (not many houses down there.
Address 1-4 GRANGE WOOD, WIRRAL, CH48 8BU on Exchange CALDY is served by Cabinet 3
[FTTC Range A (Clean)]
Downstream Line Rate: 59.9Mbps - 79.6Mbps
Upstream Line Rate: 19.6Mbps - 20Mbps
Downstream Range: --
Availability Date: 30-Sep-14

[FTTC Range B (Impacted)]
Downstream Line Rate: 41.3Mbps - 70.3Mbps
Upstream Line Rate: 13.9Mbps - 20Mbps
Downstream Range: --
Availability Date: 30-Sep-14

Mr Saffron may have access to more info than we do.
Standard User JC68
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 07:24:59
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for this - but I don't have much faith in the accuracy of the BT wholesale checker.

The date has slipped back again and again from December 13 - March 14 - June 14 etc.

The cabs went in back in December. In January when you could still contact openreach, they said it would be active by Feb.

I gather from Icarus there is some form of problem getting a feed in to Caldy. Other areas nearby which were started after us (eg Irby) are now almost ready.
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 07:39:47
Print Post

True, well there database is either behind or is incorrect due to there are some roads off mine that I can see cables coming from that black bottle shaped enclose at the top of the pole going to some houses, not many but a few, yet their database says FTTP is available on the BT Wholesale yet on the other site there is no deployment date, so something isn't right.

Your lucky you have only been waiting under a year, we have been waiting since November 2011 and we have had everything on the pole in the pit for the last couple of years, still waiting for it to be installed, oh the joy of waiting tongue
Standard User jimmy2toes
(newbie) Mon 18-Aug-14 22:56:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew,

Any info on Wychbold Exchange, specifically cabinet 2 being upgraded to FTTC. Postcode WR9 7PL

The exchange is on the list for 2015 but not sure of any other details yet.
Standard User flashroutes
(newbie) Thu 28-Aug-14 19:03:01
Print Post

[re: jimmy2toes] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew,

Any chance you could have a look at LVWAL cabinet 46 CH451LD?

Driving me crazy - cabinets on either side of us installed and active last year - still no sign of ours. It's listed as 31st Dec 2014, but it's been on the cards since 2011 so I'm not holding out much hope.

Thankyou in advance!
Standard User flashroutes
(newbie) Thu 28-Aug-14 19:05:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by JC68:
Thanks for this - but I don't have much faith in the accuracy of the BT wholesale checker.

The date has slipped back again and again from December 13 - March 14 - June 14 etc.

The cabs went in back in December. In January when you could still contact openreach, they said it would be active by Feb.

I gather from Icarus there is some form of problem getting a feed in to Caldy. Other areas nearby which were started after us (eg Irby) are now almost ready.

I don't think anyone has much hope in the BT wholesale checker. Such a sad state of affairs.

I'm the same as PaulKirby, been waiting since Dec 2011. Wallasey was enabled v v quickly - but our cab seems to have been skipped for some unbeknown reason :/
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Aug-14 19:47:30
Print Post

[re: flashroutes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flashroutes:
I don't think anyone has much hope in the BT wholesale checker. Such a sad state of affairs.

I agree. They should put extra information of why it delaying etc
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to