General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Primus84
(newbie) Mon 08-Sep-14 18:06:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach contact details for FTTC Info?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron could you please check what's happening with the Wellfield exchange in County Durham please - code NEWLF.

It was originally due to go live for fibre in December 2013 but it's still not live and it's missing date after date now.

Thanks,
Primus84
Standard User shure
(newbie) Wed 10-Sep-14 09:45:13
Print Post

Mr Saffron,

would you please be able to tell me when my cabinet might be enabled for fibre? We have a new one appeared down the street but I don't know if that's my cabinet or not.

Exchange: HACKL
Cabinet: 3

many thanks in advance
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Sep-14 14:19:38
Print Post

[re: shure] [link to this post]

If you put your phone number (except Sky LLU and TalkTalk LLU) into this checker the line above the estimates table should tell you your cabinet number. On Sky LLU or TalkTalk LLU you probably need to take the Address option. Bo not use the Postcode option.

Do you mean an old cab 3 has been replaced, or an FTTC cab has appeared near to cab 3?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 10-Sep-14 14:20:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User shure
(newbie) Wed 10-Sep-14 14:30:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Roberto,

I probably didn't phrase that well. I know I'm Cabinet 3 (I used the same website your link pointed to, thanks), but I don't know where Cabinet 3 is or if the cabinet I've seen is number 3 (if it is, I haven't found 1 or 2!). But around 200m from my home there's a shiny new FTTC cabinet, just 5m or so from an older, nomal one, which I'm assuming is Cabinet 3 due to its proximity to my house. I know we are scheduled to get FTTC, and when I look on the Openreach Where & When site it lists my Exchange (not cabinet) as Coming Soon, within 6 months, but it also lists an estimate of December 2014, which I'm assuming is generic. I was hoping somebody might know something more specific
Standard User jiman
(newbie) Fri 19-Sep-14 19:54:07
Print Post

I live in Sheffield and recently moved in to a new property that doesn't have fibre yet.
When I'm checking with BT to see if I can get Infinity I receive the following message:

Fibre optic broadband is estimated to be in your area between September 2014 and December 2014.

First time I checked was back in April and the message was saying that fibre will be available in June. Now its September and the keep pushing it back.

At the openreach website the exchane (SHARROW) appears to be enabled. I think I'm on cabinet 31 from a previous check on the openreach site. Does MrSaffron or anyone else knows when I will be able to buy fibre?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Sep-14 19:57:32
Print Post

[re: jiman] [link to this post]

Nope, but it will appear at some point.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User craigloon
(newbie) Fri 31-Oct-14 22:11:23
Print Post

Hi Mr Saffron

I live in Craigellachie, which is part of the Aberlour (NSABL) exchange. When I use the BT checker it says that we are on Cabinet 2, but does not list FTTC as an option, or give a date. I know that Cabinet 3 in Aberlour is already live for FTTC, so do you by chance know if and when Cabinet 2 might be?

I hope you are not feeling inundated by similar queries and appreciate your help and knowledge!
Standard User ZonalRipper
(newbie) Mon 24-Nov-14 09:46:19
Print Post

[re: craigloon] [link to this post]

Hi Mr Saffron,

Any information you are able to provide on my cabinet, BT installed a new cabinet about 5 months ago but nothing has become available yet.

TN34 2UF
Should be Cabinet 15 of the BALDSLOW exchange

Alan
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Nov-14 10:09:30
Print Post

[re: ZonalRipper] [link to this post]

If fibre cab has appeared generally over to others to give ETA on timescales

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ZonalRipper
(newbie) Mon 24-Nov-14 10:12:46
Print Post

Thanks for your quick response.

I was just curious as there has also been a large housing development nearby to the new cabinet and thought possible this was purely to cater for the new houses and is not fibre related?

Also what do you mean by "others to give ETA"?

Alan
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to