General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MikeAK
(learned) Mon 31-Mar-14 13:22:52
Print Post

BT fibre delayed yet again

[link to this post]

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get information from BT on why fibre installation is repeatedly delayed.

When I first used the cabinet checker intallation was due to be completed 30/09/13. This slipped to 31/12/13, the green fibre steet cabinets were installed throughout the area in October/November 2013 but the 31/12/13 date was slipped again to 31/03/14. I have just checked the cabinet checker agan and it has slipped again to 30/09/14!

I am on the Darwen exchange (LCDAR) served by cabinet 24. It is not just my cabinet that is delayed but all throughout the area.

I understaned there may be genuine reasons for slippage, it the way BT just contiunally slip dates without any explanation or realistic estimate of intallation dates thats so infuriating.

Thanks
Mike
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 31-Mar-14 13:31:35
Print Post

Re: BT fibre delayed yet again

[re: MikeAK] [link to this post]

Due to some person reporting Openreach to the ASA for their updates, Openreach stopped giving them.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Mar-14 14:19:53
Print Post

There is no longer a route available to the general public. Really you are better off assuming it will be never and then be pleasantly surprised if they exceed those expectations.

Essentially the dates are when they hope to finish but depending on complexity of installation it could take much longer - and it may not just be one thing that causes a delay and so status messages may be overly complex (and of course as soon as they tell the public what the delay is it will trigger comments stating why it is a silly reason or what they should be doing to fix it).

Just noticed this posted by MrS.

Edited by ian72 (Mon 31-Mar-14 14:21:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MikeAK
(learned) Thu 17-Apr-14 13:15:48
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Just been checking dates dates again. It seems they cannot even give consistent information.

The "when and where website"

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Says June 2014

and the cabinet checker

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
says 30/09/14

Muppets.

Anyway I repsponded to Mr Saffrons post about delayed FTTC so hopefully will get some info from that.

Mike

Edited by MikeAK (Thu 17-Apr-14 13:16:31)

Standard User MikeAK
(regular) Fri 26-Sep-14 10:59:36
Print Post

Well what a surprise, within a few days of the fibre last RFS (30/09/14) it has been slipped again to 31/03/15. That's now the forth slip and 18 months from the first date of 30/09/13.

Openreach need to be more accountable to the public. I know they are wholesale but their actions (or lack of them) directly affect the public

If I constantly promised customers delivery dates and failed to meet them repeatedly over several months I wouldn't have any customers! I suppose being a monopoly Openreach don't have to worry about little details like providing a service!

Mike
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 26-Sep-14 11:45:18
Print Post

You sure they used the word 'promise' rather than estimated?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shure
(newbie) Fri 26-Sep-14 12:36:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

even an estimate shouldn't be off by 18 months though, should it? You'd think in such a case where they got it so badly wrong some kind of explanation should be forthcoming?
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Fri 26-Sep-14 13:13:12
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

there are anumber of reacons whyc cabs get delayed -- do you know what cab your are connected to and where the PCP actually is -- then see if the DSLAM is stood (ie physically is place) -- if not stood -- the likely to be objected by LA / or highwayssa or a nunber of other reasons -- that woudl be the 1st thing to check

Edited by Fastman2 (Fri 26-Sep-14 13:13:38)

Standard User mrksctt
(newbie) Fri 26-Sep-14 13:25:06
Print Post

Just got a notification from my page watch on DSL checker and mine has slipped even more than yours, to 30-June-15, so that will be two years that the new fibre cabinet has been stood. It will have rusted away before its even connected!!!

I suppose at least that will shut me up a for a bit now frown

Mark
Standard User mrksctt
(newbie) Fri 26-Sep-14 13:33:52
Print Post

[re: mrksctt] [link to this post]

I just noticed on this page http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/#accordion4

It says :
Where we have encountered issues with the deployment of the new network, we will indicate the location of the cabinet and display a reason for delay on our when and where page. Please rest assured that we are working hard to bring these cabinets into service as soon as possible.

I really wish they would!!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to