General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Adstock
(newbie) Fri 04-Apr-14 23:36:11
Print Post

No Plans

[link to this post]

Anyone know of a way to find out why a cabinet is stuck on the status no Plans.

I am guessing the cabinet was reviewed, but I wonder if I can find out the results of the review.

If there are just not enough houses to make it worth wile then it may be BDUK might be able to help, but if it is some complex Planning restriction or wrong kind of trees in the area, then I know to give up dreaming of anything over 2 Mb/s

Exchange/cabinet is Fulmer, cabinet 4

Thanks in advance for constructive feedback

Regards
Adstock
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Apr-14 23:41:56
Print Post

Re: No Plans

[re: Adstock] [link to this post]

Will try to remember to take a peek on Saturday morning

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Apr-14 10:29:00
Print Post

[re: Adstock] [link to this post]

I would not be expecting commercial roll-out. That is due to complete end of Spring 2014 so if no RFS date yet then unlikely to be happening.

I think this is cabinet 4 (cannot see number in photo)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.561423,-0.559947,3...

i.e. around SL3 6JB

No mention of the exchange on
http://www.connectedcounties.org/news/2014/march/lat...

The target for Bucks and Herts is actually fairly low 90% connected to fibre based (note not superfast) so while not the most rural area there is a risk of being overlooked as other more rural areas may have made a larger noise to get improvements. i.e. time to chance council for information

Six cabinets on the exchange probably 1000 premises and if all cabs were enabled ~ 70% would get superfast speeds, another good 10% getting 15 to 24 Mbps. Two cabinets look very small and unlikely to be enabled even via a BDUK project. The other four are roughly equal in size.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Adstock
(newbie) Mon 07-Apr-14 06:46:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew

I will take a walk in the village later and see if that is Cabinet 4, but at least there is electricity in that street lamp, so that excuse cannot be used for not upgrading in the future.

Time to ask the local councillors about applying some pressure.

Cheers
Adstock
  Print Thread

Jump to