General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kabaduct
(newbie) Sat 05-Apr-14 17:31:38
Print Post

New cabinet installed outside exchange?

[link to this post]

Hey all,

I'm unfortunately on a direct connection to the Llangoed exchange (WNLAD) which is due to go live this month. I live right across the street from the exchange and over the past couple of days BT have installed two cabinets outside the exchange. I understand that this is a possible solution for exchange only connections so could this mean there's hope that I'll be able to get fibre?

Here's a picture:
http://i.imgur.com/uPPnPMi.jpg?1
Standard User Irby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Apr-14 17:38:46
Print Post

Re: New cabinet installed outside exchange?

[re: Kabaduct] [link to this post]

Openreach have solved the EO line problem before by putting new cabinets outside exchanges. I think you're in luck.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Apr-14 18:25:19
Print Post

Looks like you will be able to order fttc soon...

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kitcat
(committed) Sat 05-Apr-14 22:15:11
Print Post

Kabaduct

The Openreach spreadsheet showed Llangoed as being live from Weds. So some cabs must be able to order already.

Keep a close eye on the checker as the exchange cab could go live anytime, may already be live.

There can be issues with getting suppliers to take orders on EO lines as the copper also has to be moved to the new cabinet. The checker will tell you if you are one of the lucky ones atomatically moved. (it will now show a cabinet number).
Standard User Kabaduct
(newbie) Sun 06-Apr-14 08:43:50
Print Post

Thanks for the information guys, only reason I was asking really was because I wasn't sure if cabinets were usually installed in front of a fibre enable exchange.
  Print Thread

Jump to